2009 in Poland
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Events during the year 2009 in Poland.
|President||Lech Kaczyński||Independent (Supported by Law and Justice)|
|Prime Minister||Donald Tusk||Civic Platform|
|Marshal of the Sejm||Bronisław Komorowski||Civic Platform|
|Marshal of the Senate||Bogdan Borusewicz||Independent (Supported by the Civic Platform)|
- 17 February – Rescue helicopter Mil Mi-2 of the Polish Medical Air Rescue has crashed in Jarostów; pilot and HCM were killed and the doctor severely injured.
- 27 February – Combat helicopter Mil Mi-24 of the Polish Air Force has crashed in Szadłowice; pilot was killed, two other crew members lightly injured.
- 31 March - An-28 Bryza-2RF transport plane of Polish Air Force has crashed in the Babie Doły district of Gdynia; entire crew (four persons) was killed.
- 6 April - one death and 25 wounded in a train crash near Białogard
- 13 April - Kamień Pomorski homeless hostel fire. 23 deaths. President of Poland declared a 3-day national mourning.
- 31 May - last flight of the Polish airline Centralwings
- 30 August- Su-27 combat plane of Belorussian Air Force has crashed during the Radom Air Show 2009; entire crew (two persons) was killed.
- 18 September: 20 deaths and 37 wounded following 2009 Wujek-Śląsk mine blast