2009 in Zimbabwe
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- President: Robert Mugabe
- Prime Minister: Morgan Tsvangirai
- First Vice President: Joice Mujuru
- Second Vice President: Joseph Msika (until 4 August), John Nkomo (starting 23 December)
- January 29 - Zimbabwe allows the use of foreign currencies alongside its dollar.
- January 31 - Movement for Democratic Change President Morgan Tsvangirai agrees to become Zimbabwe's Prime Minister on February 11 in a deal with President Robert Mugabe.
- February 5 - Zimbabwe's House of Assembly allows power-sharing between the African National Union – Patriotic Front and the Movement for Democratic Change.
- "Zimbabwe abandons its currency". 29 January 2009. Retrieved 21 January 2015.
- "Tsvangirai agrees to join unity government". 31 January 2009. Retrieved 21 January 2015.
- "Zimbabwe's parliament passes unity government law". 5 February 2009. Retrieved 7 March 2015.