2009 in the Netherlands
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Year in the Netherlands:|
|2007 | 2008 | 2009 | 2010 | 2011
This article lists some of the events that took place in the Netherlands in 2009.
- 1: The air-tax that was introduced on 1 July 2008 is abolished.
- 30: 6 Dutch people die in a bus accident at Sant Pol de Mar, Spain. Dozens of other people are hurt.
- 19: A family tragedy takes place in Kampen, Overijssel. During a fire in a house 4 young children die. The remaining family members, amongst them 10 other children, find a way out of the house in time.
- 6: Dutch soldier Kevin van der Rijdt, corporal van het Corps Commando-troops, dies near Deh Rahwod. He's the 20th soldier to die since the beginning of the mission in Afghanistan.
- 6:The HSL-Zuid is officially opened.
- 7: The 21st soldier since the beginning of the mission in Afghanistan: Mark Leijsen, Sergeant-Major of the Pantsergenie, dies in Uruzgan in an assault with an improvised explosive.
- 19: The DSB Bank is declared bankrupt.
- 13: The Thalys starts driving on the Highspeed-line Schiphol - Antwerpen.
- 25: Northwest Airlines Flight 253, a passengers-flight Amsterdam to Detroit, is the target of a failed bombing attempt.
- March 5–23: The Netherlands participated at the 2009 World Baseball Classic. The Netherlands lost to Puerto Rico in the Seeding game.
- March 25–29 Netherlands at the 2009 UCI Track Cycling World Championships
- July 1–5 Netherlands at the 2009 European Road Championships
- August 15–23 Netherlands at the 2009 World Championships in Athletics
- September 23–27 Netherlands at the 2009 UCI Road World Championships
- October 18: Gilbert Yegon wins the Amsterdam Marathon
- Netherlands in the Eurovision Song Contest 2009
- Netherlands in the Junior Eurovision Song Contest 2009
- List of Dutch Top 40 number-one singles of 2009
- 2009 in Dutch television
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to 2009 in the Netherlands.|