2010 Batu Sapi by-election
The 2010 Batu Sapi by-election in the Malaysian state of Sabah was held on 4 November 2010. The nomination of candidates was done on 26 October 2010. The Batu Sapi parliamentary seat fell vacant when its Member of Parliament; Datuk Edmund Chong Ket Wah of United Sabah Party or Parti Bersatu Sabah (PBS), was killed after his 750cc motorcycle accident in Sabah on 9 October 2010. Previously PBS won the seat during the 2008 General Election by a 3,708-vote majority over Independent candidate Chung Kwong Wing. A total 25,720 registered voters eligible to vote in this by-election. The electorate is made of 50.61% Bumiputera, 40.22% Chinese and 3% others.
|BN||Tsen Thau Lin||9,773||64.22|
|PKR||Umsery @ Ansari Abdullah||3,414||22.43|
|SAPP||Yong Teck Lee||2,031||13.35|
|Total valid votes||15,218||100.00|
|Total rejected ballots||372|
- http://thestar.com.my/news/story.asp?file=/2010/10/16/nation/7236479&sec=nation[permanent dead link] Batu Sapi polls on Nov 4, too
- http://thestar.com.my/news/story.asp?file=/2010/10/16/nation/7237178&sec=nation[permanent dead link] DAP: Same polling date not to our advantage
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2011-01-02. Retrieved 2010-10-19.CS1 maint: Archived copy as title (link) Batu Sapi by-election same day as Galas'
- http://www.bernama.com.my/bernama/v5/newspolitic.php?id=535541 SAPP likely to put candidate for Batu Sapi by-election
- http://www.mysinchew.com/node/46538 Simultaneous by-elections for Batu Sapi, Galas