2010 Commodore Cup National Series
The 2010 Commodore Cup National Series was the 17th running of the Commodore Cup. It began on 7 March 2010, at Wakefield Park and ended on 24 October 2010, at Sandown Raceway. The series was won by Adam Beechey, winning two rounds during the season, sharing one with Dean Crosswell in the Winton round. No other driver won more than one round, as the other four rounds were split between championship runner-up Tony Bates, third-placed Nick Parker, Brett Holdsworth and Marcus Zukanovic.
Teams and drivers
|Team||Car model||No||Driver||Winton Co-driver|
|TTM Group||VS Commodore||1||Brett Holdsworth||Lee Holdsworth|
|www.bertiest.com||VS Commodore||6||Phil Brock||Neil Crowe|
|San Marco Restaurant||VS Commodore||6||Matthew Hayes|
|Renaissance Homes||VS Commodore||7||Matt Chick||Shane Price|
|Aerial Motors Racing||VH Commodore||8|| David Stevenson
|VS Commodore||88||Chris Stevenson||Kane Millier|
|Axent Racing||VS Commodore||9||Geoff Fontaine|
|Greenbird Technologies||VS Commodore
|10||Geoff Cowie||Alan Langworthy|
|Octane Alley Race Engines||VS Commodore||12||Josh Hughes|| Paul Morris*
|Aussie NASCAR Tours||VH Commodore||14||David Ling||Michael Fitzgerald|
|32||Steven Ling||Richard Whyte|
|LBC Motorsport||VS Commodore||23||Brian Bancroft|
|Alternative Freight Services||VS Commodore||24||Tony Bates||Geoff Emery|
|Worksense Workwear||VS Commodore||25||Allan Hill|
|Nichiyu Forklifts||VH Commodore||34||Mathew Hayes||Ryan Millier|
|Steve Yates||VS Commodore||34||Glenn Mackenzie|
|Kilpa Motors||VS Commodore||39||Nick Parker||Darren Hossack|
|Tancredi Concreting||VH Commodore||41||Anthony Tancredi||Mark Grima|
|Luna Fringe||VS Commodore||44||Scott Andrews||Tim Shaw|
|National Directory Distribution||VS Commodore||48||Geoff Emery|
|Western General Bodyworks||VS Commodore||66||Danny Buzadzic||Sam Walter|
|Action Racing||VS Commodore||71||Gerrard McLeod||Marcus Zukanovic|
|Adams Auto Electrics||VS Commodore||77||Adam Lloyd||Ryan McLeod|
|Alan Wilson Insurance Brokers||VS Commodore||78||Daniel Orr||Dean Orr|
|Donut King||VS Commodore||81||Adam Beechey||Dean Crosswell|
|Hurricane Automotive Products||VS Commodore||85||Jason Domaschenz|
|Southern Star Windows P/L||VS Commodore||99||Ross McGregor||Steve Owen|
* - driver competed in practice only.
** - driver competed in qualifying and race only.
The 2010 Commodore Cup National Series consisted of six rounds.
|Rd.||Race title||Circuit||City / State||Date||Winner|
|1||Wakefield Park||Wakefield Park||Goulburn, New South Wales||6–7 March||Adam Beechey|
|2||Phillip Island||Phillip Island Grand Prix Circuit||Phillip Island, Victoria||1–2 May||Nick Parker|
|3||Mallala||Mallala Motor Sport Park||Mallala, South Australia||29–30 May||Tony Bates|
|4||Winton||Winton Motor Raceway||Benalla, Victoria||26–27 June||Adam Beechey
|5||Eastern Creek||Eastern Creek Raceway||Sydney, New South Wales||11–12 September||Brett Holdsworth|
|6||Sandown||Sandown International Raceway||Melbourne, Victoria||23–24 October||Marcus Zukanovic|
|3 race weekend||50||45||41||38||36||35||34||33||32||31||30||29||28||27||26||25||24||23||22||21||20||19||18||17||16||15||14||13||12||11||10||9||8||7||6||5||4||3||2||1|
|2 race weekend||75||68||62||57||54||53||51||50||48||47||45||44||42||41||39||38||36||35||33||32||30||29||27||26||24||23||21||20||18||17||15||14||12||11||9||8||6||5||3||2|
- 1 bonus point is awarded for qualifying on pole position.
- Each non-finisher will be awarded a points total that is 10 less than the points they would have been awarded if they had finished the race in the same position.
- Bold indicates that the driver scored one bonus point for qualifying on pole.
- "2010 Australian Commodore Cup Series – Qualifying 1". National Software. 6 March 2010. Retrieved 3 May 2010.
- "Southern Star Windows Commodore Cup National Series Qual. 1". National Software. 2 May 2010. Retrieved 3 May 2010.
- "Commodore Cup National Series - Qualifying 2". National Software. 23 October 2010. Retrieved 23 October 2010.
- "V8 Stars Set for Commodoe Cup Enduro". SpeedCafe. 10 June 2010. Retrieved 11 June 2010.
- "Winton Entry List". V8 Commodore Cup. 21 June 2010. Retrieved 21 June 2010.
- "Winton Entry List". Shannons Nationals. 22 June 2010. Retrieved 23 June 2010.
- "2010 V8 Commodore Cup National Championship Calendar". V8 Commodore Cup. 2010. Retrieved 3 May 2010.
- "2010 Australian Commodore Cup Series Sporting Regulations – S12.2 Series Pointscore" (PDF). Confederation of Australian Motor Sport Ltd. 23 February 2010. Retrieved 3 May 2010.[dead link]