2010 Czech Rally
|2010 Czech Rally|
|Round 9 of the 2010 Intercontinental Rally Challenge season
Czech Rally Logo
|Host country||Czech Republic|
|Dates run||27 – 29 August 2010|
|Stages||17 (265.26 km; 164.82 mi)|
|Overall distance||625.26 km (388.52 mi)|
|Overall winner|| Freddy Loix
|Crews||112 at start, 58 at finish|
The 2010 Czech Rally (Barum Czech Rally Zlín), was the ninth round of the 2010 Intercontinental Rally Challenge (IRC) season and also a round of the European Rally Championship. The seventeen stage asphalt rally took place on 27 – 29 August 2010. Other than the opening stage on Friday night all stages were run in daylight.
The rally, which was being run for the 40th time, was based in the Moravian town of Zlín. Friday saw the ceremonial start and opening super-special stage running through the streets of Zlín. On Saturday a further eight stages covering 138.88 km (86.30 mi) were run on asphalt with the final eight stages (126.38 km (78.53 mi)) being completed on the Sunday. A record-breaking 28 Super 2000 cars started the rally, including six of the top seven drivers in the championship. New entries to the series included Keith Cronin and Niall McShea from the Proton R3 Rally Team.
The early part of the rally was dominated by Kopecký, who won the first, second and third stage and lead the rally at the end of the day. Day one saw a total of five different drivers take a stage win. Day two also saw five different stage winners and the overall lead change three times. Kopecký, while in the lead, crashed out of the rally on stage 14 handing the lead to Bouffier only for Loix to take the lead on stage 16 and win the rally. The result was the fourth 1–2–3 for Škoda in this year's championship.
|1.||Freddy Loix||Fréderic Miclotte||Škoda Fabia S2000||2:31:31.0||0.0||10|
|2.||Juho Hänninen||Mikko Markkula||Škoda Fabia S2000||2:31:56.0||25.0||8|
|3.||Pavel Valoušek||Zdeněk Hrůza||Škoda Fabia S2000||2:32:51.2||1:20.2||6|
|4.||Kris Meeke||Paul Nagle||Peugeot 207 S2000||2:33:28.6||1:57.6||5|
|5.||Andreas Mikkelsen||Ola Fløene||Ford Fiesta S2000||2:34:04.9||2:33.9||4|
|6.||Václav Pech||Petr Uhel||Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IX||2:34:38.4||3:07.4||3|
|7.||Guy Wilks||Phil Pugh||Škoda Fabia S2000||2:35:12.1||3:41.1||2|
|8.||Jaromír Tarabus||Daniel Trunkát||Ford Fiesta S2000||2:36:49.0||5:18.0||1|
|Day||Stage||Time||Name||Length||Winner||Time||Avg. spd.||Rally leader|
|SS1||21:15||SSS Zlín||9.36 km||Jan Kopecký||7:15.0||77.46 km/h||Jan Kopecký|
|SS2||9:48||Biskupice 1||9.01 km||Jan Kopecký||5:02.8||107.12 km/h|
|SS3||10:31||Zádveřice 1||14.95 km||Jan Kopecký||7:49.5||114.63 km/h|
|SS4||11:24||Semetín 1||11.71 km||Juho Hänninen||7:02.8||95.70 km/h|
|SS5||11:52||Troják 1||29.09 km||Bryan Bouffier||16:54.9||103.19 km/h|
|SS6||14:55||Biskupice 2||9.01 km||Pavel Valoušek||5:17.3||102.23 km/h|
|SS7||15:38||Zádveřice 2||14.95 km||Jan Kopecký||8:07.6||110.38 km/h|
|SS8||16:31||Semetín 2||11.71 km||Juho Hänninen||7:11.3||93.82 km/h|
|SS9||16:59||Troják 2||29.09 km||Freddy Loix||17:00.9||102.58 km/h|
|SS10||8:28||Halenkovice 1||24.90 km||Pavel Valoušek||13:12.1||113.17 km/h|
|SS11||9:11||Kudlovice 1||11.39 km||Bryan Bouffier||6:04.5||112.49 km/h|
|SS12||9:59||Velký Ořechov 1||7.14 km||Jan Kopecký||3:48.9||112.29 km/h|
|SS13||10:27||Pindula 1||19.76 km||Pavel Valoušek||10:31.6||112.63 km/h|
|SS14||12:45||Halenkovice 2||24.90 km||Freddy Loix||13:44.01||108.79 km/h||Bryan Bouffier|
|SS15||13:28||Kudlovice 2||11.39 km||Bryan Bouffier||6:05.4||112.22 km/h|
|SS16||14:16||Velký Ořechov 2||7.14 km||Juho Hänninen||4:06.7||104.19 km/h||Freddy Loix|
|SS17||14:44||Pindula 2||19.76 km||Pavel Valoušek||10:42.4||110.73 km/h|
- ^ – SS14 was cancelled after an accident for Josef Béreš, who was running 23rd on the road. A nominal time of 15:09.0 was given for the drivers who had yet to complete the stage, while times for several other drivers, including Loix and Bouffier stood.
- "Rally Itinerary" (PDF). barum.rally.cz. Archived (PDF) from the original on 21 August 2010. Retrieved 2010-08-24.
- "Hapala to lead 112 starters away in Zlín". ircseries.com. Intercontinental Rally Challenge. 2010-08-27. Archived from the original on 5 October 2010. Retrieved 2010-08-28.
- "Record-breaking Super 2000 entry for Zlín". ircseries.com. Intercontinental Rally Challenge. 2010-08-19. Archived from the original on 24 August 2010. Retrieved 2010-08-24.
- "New drivers for PROTON R3 Rally Team". ircseries.com. Intercontinental Rally Challenge. 16 August 2010. Archived from the original on 24 August 2010. Retrieved 2010-08-24.
- "After SS9: Loix storms to first stage best". Ircseries.com. 28 August 2010. Archived from the original on 29 September 2010. Retrieved 7 September 2010.
- "After SS14: Kopecký out, Bouffier leads". Ircseries.com. 29 August 2010. Archived from the original on 29 September 2010. Retrieved 7 September 2010.
- "After SS17: Dramatic third IRC win for Loix". Ircseries.com. 29 August 2010. Archived from the original on 29 September 2010. Retrieved 7 September 2010.
- "Barum Czech Rally Zlín, 27th – 29th August 2010: Unofficial results – List for category: IRC; SS 14 – Halenkovice". irc-results.com. Intercontinental Rally Challenge. 2010-08-29. Archived from the original on 30 August 2010. Retrieved 2010-08-29.