2010 European Athletics Championships
|20th European Athletics Championships|
|Host city||Barcelona, Catalonia, Spain|
|Date(s)||27 July – 1 August|
|Main stadium||Estadi Olímpic Lluís Companys|
|Participation||1,368 athletes from
|Events||47 (men: 24; women: 23)|
|Records set||8 Championships records|
The 2010 European Athletics Championships were the 20th edition of the European Athletics Championships, organised under the supervision of the European Athletic Association. They were held at the Estadi Olímpic Lluís Companys in Barcelona, Catalonia, Spain from 27 July to 1 August 2010. Barcelona was the first Spanish city to host the European Championships.
- Živilė Balčiūnaitė (LIT) won the Marathon, but was disqualified for doping after testing positive for testosterone.
- Nailiya Yulamanova (RUS) came second in the Marathon, and was set to be upgraded to gold winner after Živilė Balčiūnaitė was disqualified. However, in July 2012, Yulamanova was also disqualified for doping, and her results from 20 August 2009 onwards were annulled due to abnormalities in her biological passport profile.
In brackets: Squad size
- † = Totals following the removal of José Luis Blanco bronze medal in the steeplechase due to positive doping test.
- †2 = Totals following the removal of Nailya Yulamanova gold medal in the marathon due to positive doping test.
- †3 = Totals following the removal of Andrei Mikhnevich gold medal in the shot put due to positive doping test.
- "Barcelona 2010 set to take off with highest ever athlete participation". European Athletic Association. Archived from the original on 22 July 2010. Retrieved 27 July 2010.
- "List of athletes currently serving a period of ineligibility as a result of an Anti-Doping Rule Violation under IAAF Rules as at: 28.07.14" (PDF). IAAF. 28 July 2014. Retrieved 31 July 2014.
- European marathon champion Balciunaite given doping ban, bbc.com, 5 April 2011
- Associated Press: Zivile Balciunaite loses appeal, espn.com, 4 February 2012
- London 2012 Olympics: Russian athletics trio banned for doping offences. Daily Telegraph (3 July 2012). Retrieved on 17 July 2014
- IAAF Newsletter Ed. 119. IAAF (2011-01-25). Retrieved on 2011-01-25.
- Shot-putter Majewski takes belated gold after doping ruling. 13 June 2013
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to 2010 European Championships in Athletics.|