2010 FAI Cup Final
|Event||2010 FAI Cup|
|Sligo won 2-0 on penalties|
|Date||14 November 2010|
|Venue||Aviva Stadium, Dublin|
|Man of the Match||Joseph Ndo (Sligo)|
|Referee||Tomás Connolly (Dublin)|
The 2010 FAI Cup Final was the final match of the 2010 FAI Cup competition and was contested by Sligo Rovers and Shamrock Rovers at the Aviva Stadium in Dublin on 14 November 2010. Shamrock Rovers were looking to complete the double of League and cup after winning the 2010 League of Ireland. Sligo Rovers won the cup 2–0 on penalties.
On 22 October 2010, the Football Association of Ireland announced that tickets for the final would go on sale to supporters at the discounted rates of €10 and €5 to mark the first FAI Ford Cup final at the Aviva Stadium.
Before the biggest attendance at a cup final since 1968, 36,101, both teams cancelled each other out over 120 minutes leaving the final to be decided by spot kicks for the second time in three years. Eoin Doyle converted the first Sligo penalty in the shoot-out but the next five penalties were all missed. Gary McCabe made it 2-0 with Sligo's fourth only for Paddy Kavanagh to have his attempt saved by Sligo keeper Ciaran Kelly. Kelly saved all four Shamrock Rovers spot-kicks in the penalty shoot-out. Shamrock Rovers had finished the game with ten men, through the dismissal of Stephen Bradley ten minutes from the finish of extra time for a second yellow card, while Sligo's Joseph Ndo was named man of the match.
14 November 2010
|Sligo Rovers||0 – 0 (a.e.t.)||Shamrock Rovers|
|Report||Stephen Bradley 111'|
|2 – 0|| Gary Twigg
- "O'Neill targets double for the Hoops". RTÉ Sport. 2010-12-02. Archived from the original on 5 November 2010. Retrieved 2010-11-08.
- "FAI Ford Cup final preview". RTÉ Sport. 2010-11-13. Retrieved 2010-11-16.
- "Redemption day for heroic Kelly". Irish Independent. 2010-11-15. Retrieved 2010-11-15.
- "Kelly spot on as Sligo take cup". Irish Times. 2010-11-15. Archived from the original on 23 November 2010. Retrieved 2010-11-15.
- "FAI confirm Cup final suspensions". RTÉ Sport. 2010-12-03. Archived from the original on 5 November 2010. Retrieved 2010-11-08.
- "Discount ticket prices for FAI Cup final". RTÉ Sport. 2010-10-22. Archived from the original on 12 November 2010. Retrieved 2010-11-08.