2010 FA Community Shield
The match programme cover
|Date||8 August 2010|
|Venue||Wembley Stadium, London|
|Man of the Match||Paul Scholes (Manchester United)|
|Referee||Andre Marriner (West Midlands)|
25 °C (77 °F)
The 2010 FA Community Shield (also known as The FA Community Shield sponsored by McDonald's for sponsorship reasons) was the 88th FA Community Shield, an annual football match contested by the winners of the previous season's Premier League and FA Cup competitions. The match was played at Wembley Stadium, London, on 8 August 2010, and contested by league and cup double winners Chelsea and league runners-up Manchester United. Manchester United won the match 3–1 with goals from Antonio Valencia, Javier Hernández and Dimitar Berbatov; Chelsea's consolation goal came from Salomon Kalou. It was Manchester United's 14th outright victory in the Community Shield.
Chelsea went into the match as trophy-holders, having won the 2009 Community Shield. The Shield is usually contested by the winners of the Premier League and the FA Cup, but since Chelsea won the double, Manchester United qualified by default as Premier League runners-up. It was the third time in four years that the Community Shield had been contested between the two teams.
|Kalou 83'||Report||Valencia 41'
- "Shield date confirmed". TheFA.com. The Football Association. 10 June 2010. Retrieved 10 June 2010.
- "Marriner to take charge of Shield". TheFA.com. The Football Association. 24 June 2010. Retrieved 24 June 2010.
- Fletcher, Paul (8 August 2010). "Chelsea 1-3 Man Utd". BBC Sport. British Broadcasting Corporation. Archived from the original on 8 August 2010. Retrieved 9 August 2010.
- "United claim Community Shield success". ESPNsoccernet. 8 August 2010. Retrieved 9 August 2010.
- "Chelsea v Manchester United". TheFA.com. The Football Association. Retrieved 28 July 2010.