2010 Family Circle Cup
|2010 Family Circle Cup|
|Venue||Family Circle Tennis Center|
|Liezel Huber / Nadia Petrova|
The 2010 Family Circle Cup was a women's tennis event on the 2010 WTA Tour, which took place from April 12 to April 18. The event was hosted at the Family Circle Tennis Center, in Charleston, South Carolina, United States. It was the second and last event of the clay court season played on green clay. The total prize money offered at this tournament was US$700,000.
|Melanie Oudin||United States||41||13|
- Rankings are as of April 5, 2010.
The following players received wildcards into the main draw:
The following players received entry from the qualifying draw:
- Monique Adamczak (as a Lucky Loser)
- Catalina Castaño
- Sophie Ferguson
- Ekaterina Ivanova
- Christina McHale
- Chanelle Scheepers
- Anna Tatishvili
- Mashona Washington
- Heather Watson
The following players withdrew from the tournament for various reasons:
- Kateryna Bondarenko (left knee injury)
- Dominika Cibulková (right groin injury)
- Alisa Kleybanova (bilateral plantar fasciitis)
- Sabine Lisicki (left ankle injury)
- Maria Sharapova (right elbow bone bruise)
- Serena Williams (left knee injury)
- It was Stosur's first title of the year and second of her career.
- Gene Sapakoff (August 30, 2015). "Tourney to take a ride with Volvo Tennis cup’s new sponsor might help draw big names". The Post and Courier.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to 2010 Family Circle Cup.|