2010 Farmers Classic
|2010 Farmers Classic|
|Date||July 26 – August 1|
|Bob Bryan / Mike Bryan|
The 2010 Farmers Classic, presented by Mercedes-Benz, was a tennis tournament played on outdoor hard courts. It was the 84th edition of the Los Angeles Open, and was part of the Olympus US Open Series of the 2010 ATP World Tour. It took place at the Los Angeles Tennis Center in Los Angeles, California, United States, from July 26 through August 1, 2010. Sam Querrey defeated Andy Murray for the singles title. Bob and Mike Bryan won the doubles championship over Eric Butorac and Jean-Julien Rojer, who was playing on his college court. It marked the first time in the 84-year history of the tournament that both the singles and doubles championships were successfully defended. The twin brothers also set the record of 62 career doubles titles on the ATP Tour.
Jim Courier was the Tournament Honoree in a special ceremony on opening night, Monday, July 26. This year's Stars Under the Stars gala featured Andre Agassi vs. John McEnroe, along with Jim Courier, Michael Chang and Pam Shriver; comedian Jon Lovitz and rock star Gavin Rossdale on Saturday, July 24. The tournament also featured the Starry Night with Keith Urban and the Avett Brothers on July 23. Additionally, the "KLOS Rocking the Net starring Bret Michaels" show featuring Tesla scheduled for Monday, August 2, at the L.A. Tennis Center was postponed until Sunday, October 24.
- Seedings based on the July 19, 2010 rankings.
The following players received wildcards into the singles main draw
The following players received special exempt into the singles main draw:
The following players received entry from the qualifying draw:
- It was Querrey's 4th title of the year and 6th of his career. It was his second consecutive win at Los Angeles.
- Their sixth title at Farmers Classic.
- Justin Cohen, This week in tennis business, World Tennis Magazine, July 14, 2010
- Diane Pucin, Bryan twins set tennis record in doubles, Los Angeles Times, August 2, 2010
- Diane Pucin, Sam Querrey defeats Andy Murray in Farmers Classic final, Los Angeles Times, August 2, 2010
- Associated Press, Djokovic withdraws from LA tourney, ESPNLosAngeles, July 24, 2010