2010 Generali Ladies Linz
|2010 Generali Ladies Linz|
|Date||October 9 – October 17|
|Category||WTA International tournaments|
|Renata Voráčová / Barbora Záhlavová-Strýcová|
The 2010 Generali Ladies Linz was a women's tennis tournament played on indoor hard courts. It was the 24th edition of the Generali Ladies Linz, and part of the WTA International tournaments of the 2010 WTA Tour. It was held at the TipsArena Linz in Linz, Austria, from October 9 through October 17, 2010.
World No. 1 Serena Williams was due to make her comeback from foot surgery at this tournament, but she withdrew after reaggregating the injury at training. Her original wildcard slot was therefore given to Ana Ivanovic. Agnieszka Radwańska also withdrew from the tournament due to a stress fracture in her foot.
Ivanovic won the title, defeating Patty Schnyder in the championship match which lasted 47 minutes; it was the shortest championship match of the season. The victory also ended a two-year title drought, and raised her ranking up from World No. 36 to World No. 26.
- Seeds are based on the rankings of October 4, 2010.
The following players received wildcards into the singles main draw:
The following players received entry from the qualifying draw:
The following player received entry as a lucky loser into the singles main draw:
- It was Ivanovic's first title of the year, her first in two years, and the ninth of her career.
- Serena Williams makes comeback at Linz event | Tennis - News | NDTVSports.com
- News | WTA Tennis English
- Stress fracture ends Radwanska's season - Yahoo! Eurosport
- Ivanovic ends title drought in Linz - ABC News (Australian Broadcasting Corporation)
- BBC Sport - Tennis - Injured Serena Williams set to miss rest of the year