2010 Habikino shooting
|2010 Habikino shooting|
Location of Habikino in Osaka
|Location||Iichan bar, Habikino, Osaka Prefecture, Japan|
|Date||12 January 2010
20:00 JST (UTC+09:00)
|Deaths||4 (including the perpetrator)|
The attack was carried out by 49-year-old Yasuhisa Sugiura. Three people, including the gunman's mother-in-law, were shot dead before the perpetrator committed suicide.
On 12 January 2010, Sugiura went to the Ii-chan bar to discuss a divorce with his mother-in-law, 66-year-old Yoshiko Tanaka, who would subsequently become one of his victims. The bar was open for business and had other customers inside; Sugiura's wife was possibly one of them. Sugiura then departed. Sugiura came back armed with a rifle and opened fire at approximately 20:00 that evening, killing three people. Two of Sugiura's targets — the mother-in-law and a 23-year-old bar employee named Tatsuya Fukui — died immediately; a third, 49-year-old bar landlord Hiroto Uehara, died shortly thereafter. Witnesses described the rifle shots as "three or four blunt bangs"; a pool of blood was left in front of the bar.
Sugiura then exited the bar and shot himself in the abdomen, killing himself.
- "被害者３人の通夜、葬儀営まれる 羽曳野発砲事件." 15 January 2010.
- "Deadly shooting at bar in western Japan". BBC. 12 January 2010. Retrieved 12 January 2010.
- "2 dead, 2 hurt after bar shooting spree in Japan". China Daily. 12 January 2010. Retrieved 12 January 2010.
- "Japan gunman kills himself after shooting two people: police". The Times of India. 13 January 2010. Retrieved 12 January 2010.
- "Gunman Kills 2, Wounds 1 in Japanese Bar Shooting". ABC News. 12 January 2010. Retrieved 12 January 2010.
- "Man guns down 3 people in Osaka bar, commits suicide". The Mainichi Daily News. 13 January 2010. Archived from the original on January 16, 2010. Retrieved 13 January 2010.
- "Gunman kills three in bar, self". The Japan Times. 14 January 2010. Retrieved 13 January 2010.