2010 Hosseinabad earthquake
|UTC time||2010-12-20 18:41:59|
|Local date||December 20, 2010|
|Magnitude||6.6 Mw |
|Depth||15 km (9 mi) |
|Max. intensity||IX (Violent)|
|Casualties||11 people dead|
The 2010 Hosseinabad earthquake occurred on December 20 at 22:11 local time (18:41 UTC) with a moment magnitude of 6.6 and a maximum Mercalli intensity of IX (Violent). It was located about 20 km from Hosseinabad (spelled variously as Ḩoseynābād or Hosein Abad) (Persian: حسين آباد), Kermān Province in south-eastern Iran, about 100 km from Bam.
The earthquake killed eleven people and injured over 100. Damage was concentrated in about 20 villages in the area of Fahraj. Casualties were reported in the villages of Chah Qanbar, Tak Seyfeldini, and Sarze Rigan. Telephone service was interrupted and power outages were reported in the affected area. The intensity in Bam was IV (Light) and no damage was caused. It could also be felt in the province of Sistan-Baluchestan. According to the director of the Red Crescent of Iran, it is difficult to deliver humanitarian aid to some villages in the affected mountainous area. Some hard-to-reach areas were inaccessible due to being blocked by landslides.
- ISC (19 January 2015), ISC-GEM Global Instrumental Earthquake Catalogue (1900–2009), Version 2.0, International Seismological Centre
- "Quake strikes south-eastern Iran". BBC News. British Broadcasting Corporation. 2011-12-21. Retrieved 2011-12-21.
- "Latest Earthquakes". irsc.ut.ac.ir.
- "Seven dead, hundreds injured in Iran quake". AsiaOne. 2011-12-21. Retrieved 2011-12-21.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2010-12-27. Retrieved 2010-12-22.
- "Realtime Business News, Economic News, Breaking News and Forex News". RTTNews.
- "Powerful quake hits southeast Iran". 21 December 2010.
- Bertsch, Marina; Williams, Kate (December 22, 2010), Deadly earthquake hits southeast Iran, France 24
|This article about an earthquake is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This Iranian history-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|