2010 NAIA Football National Championship
|2010 Russell Athletic NAIA Football National Championship|
|Date||December 18, 2010|
|MVP||Gary Wagner, Carroll (Offense)
Eric Anderson, Sioux Falls (Defense)
|United States TV coverage|
|Network||CBS College Sports Network|
The 2010 NAIA Football National Championship was played on December 18, 2010 as the 55th Annual Russell Athletic NAIA Football National Championship.
The championship game was played at Barron Stadium in Rome, Georgia. The championship was won by the Carroll Fighting Saints over the Sioux Falls Cougars by a score of 10–7. With their 6th championship, Carroll moved to within one of the all-time NAIA record of seven held by Texas A&I. The win also snapped Sioux Falls' 42-game winning streak; their last loss was also at the hands of Carroll in the 2007 NAIA championship game.
|1||Sioux Falls (SD) (10–0)||33|
|16||Northwestern Oklahoma State (8–2)||14|
|1||Sioux Falls (SD)||27|
|6||McPherson (KS) (10–0)||14|
|12||McKendree (IL) (8–2)||38|
|1||Sioux Falls (SD)||38|
|4||MidAmerica Nazarene (10–0)||27|
|17||Georgetown (KY) (8–2)||24|
|7||Morningside (IA) (9–1)||38|
|9||Dickinson State (9–1)||17|
|1||Sioux Falls (SD)||7|
|2||Carroll (MT) (10–0)||35|
|18||Azusa Pacific (6–3)||21|
|8||Ottawa (KS) (9–1)||20|
|11||Marian (IN) (9–2)||35|
|3||Saint Xavier (IL)||5|
|3||Saint Xavier (IL) (11–0)||66|
|20||Cumberlands (KY) (7–3)||19|
|3||Saint Xavier (IL)||40|
|10||Saint Francis (IN)||21|
|5||Lindenwood (MO) (9–1)||38|
|10||Saint Francis (IN) (9–1)||46|
- * denotes OT.
|This section needs expansion with: game details from other games. You can help by adding to it. (December 2011)|
#11 Marian at No. 8 Ottawa
Ottawa completed its worst game on offense in terms of total yards for the season, only coming up with 246. Ottawa did manage to take the lead twice, but in the third quarter Marian would take the lead for good.
Defensively, Ottawa's Eric Wilson returned a 98-yard interception for a touchdown but the final score would fall 15 points short to end at 35–20.
#12 McKendree at No. 6 McPherson
McKendree took off to a 14 point lead in the first quarter and maintained the lead for the remainder of the game, dumping McPherson for their second first-round playff loss in two years. It was the first loss for McPherson in the season, which ended with a final record of 10–1.
McKendree scored five touchdowns and claimed victory in the end with a final score of 38–14.
- 2010 NAIA football rankings
- 2010 NCAA Division I FBS football season
- 2010 NCAA Division I FCS football season
- "Ottawa University Team Stats Game by Game (Offense)". DakTronics 3000. Daktronics, Inc. November 20, 2010. Retrieved November 21, 2010.
- "Marian University at Ottawa University". DakTronics 3000. Daktronics, Inc. November 20, 2010. Retrieved November 21, 2010.
- Davidson, Bob (November 21, 2010). "McKendree's Ground Attack Runs Over McPherson". Salina Journal. Retrieved November 21, 2010.
- "McKendree University at McPherson College". DakTronics 3000. Daktronics, Inc. November 20, 2010. Retrieved November 21, 2010.