2010 Oregon State Beavers football team
|2010 Oregon State Beavers football|
|2010 record||5–7 (4–5 Pac-10)|
|Head coach||Mike Riley (10th season)|
|Offensive coordinator||Danny Langsdorf (6th season)|
|Defensive coordinator||Mark Banker (8th season)|
|Home stadium||Reser Stadium|
|2010 Pacific-10 football standings|
|No. 3 Oregon $||9||–||0||12||–||1|
|No. 4 Stanford %||8||–||1||12||–||1|
Rankings from AP Poll
The 2010 Oregon State Beavers football team represented Oregon State University during the 2010 NCAA Division I FBS football season. The team's head coach was Mike Riley, in his eighth straight season and tenth overall. Home games were played at Reser Stadium in Corvallis and they were members of the Pacific-10 Conference. The Beavers finished the season 5–7, 4–5 in Pac-10 play.
Before the season
This section is empty. You can help by adding to it. (November 2013)
|September 4||4:45 PM||vs. No. 6 TCU*||No. 24||ESPN||L 21–30||46,138|
|September 18||2:20 PM||Louisville*||No. 25||FSNNW||W 35–28||45,379|
|September 25||5:00 PM||at No. 3 Boise State*||No. 24||ABC||L 24–37||34,137|
|October 2||3:30 PM||Arizona State||FSN||W 31–28||45,409|
|October 9||3:00 PM||at No. 9 Arizona||Versus||W 29–27||56,054|
|October 16||7:15 PM||at Washington||No. 24||ESPN||L 34–35 2OT||65,235|
|October 30||12:30 PM||California||FCS||W 35–7||45,439|
|November 6||4:00 PM||at UCLA||Versus||L 14–17||64,330|
|November 13||1:00 PM||Washington State||FSNNW||L 14–31||45,389|
|November 20||5:00 PM||No. 20 USC||ABC||W 36–7||44,969|
|November 27||4:30 PM||at No. 7 Stanford||Versus||L 0–38||38,775|
|December 4||12:30 PM||No. 1 Oregon||ABC||L 20–37||46,469|
|2010 Oregon State Beavers|
|#6 Horned Frogs||7||14||7||2||30|
Washington's Jake Locker threw a career-high five touchdown passes, two in overtime to Jermaine Kearse, and the Huskies stopped the Beavers 2-point conversion in double overtime to keep their bowl hopes alive.
Chris Polk ran for 105 yards on 25 carries for the Huskies.
Beavers running back Jacquizz Rodgers ran for 140 yards on 32 carries and three touchdowns. He also caught four passes for 49 yards and a 10-yard TD catch in the first overtime. The Beavers were playing their first game since Rodgers' brother, James, was lost for the season because of a serious knee injury.
The game came down to the Beavers final possession in the second overtime. On 4th down from the UW 4-yard line, Beaver quarterback Ryan Katz's pass for John Reese fell to the turf in the end zone. The Huskies stormed the field, only then to realize a late flag from back judge Johnny Jenkins was for pass interference against the Huskies' Desmond Trufant.
Jacquizz Rodgers then scored from the 2 on the next play to pull Oregon State to 35–34. Beavers coach Mike Riley called timeout and decided to go for two. But Katz's throw fell out of Joe Halahuni's hands as he was hit by linebacker Cort Dennison and Washington's celebration was on again.
Washington snapped a six-game losing streak to the Beavers.
The Bruins snapped a three-game losing streak with a 51-yard field goal by Kai Forbath with one second left in the game to give UCLA a 17–14 victory over the visiting Beavers. With 1:17 left in the game, Forbath missed a 46-yard field goal, which went wide left. Originally, the field officials had ruled that UCLA had no time left, but the challenge gave the Bruins one more second left to set up the field goal try.
Richard Brehaut scored for UCLA in the first quarter with a seven-yard run and Joe Halahuni did the same for Oregon State with a 28-yard pass from Ryan Katz.
In the third quarter, Markus Wheaton ran for 22-yard touchdown for the Beavers lead and Johnathan Franklin scored from the 1-yard line for a Bruins touchdown to tie the game.
The Cougars snapped a no-win Pac-10 season with a win over the Beavers in Corvallis, Oregon.
After a field goal in the first quarter, Jordan Poyer took an interception into the end zone to give the Beavers a 10–0 lead in the second quarter. Jacquizz Rodgers scored from the 3-yard line and Justin Kahut kicked his second field goal in the half to give OSU a 20-point lead going into the locker room.
In the third quarter, Kahut hit a 35-yard field goal for Oregon State and C.J. Gable rushed for a 13-yard touchdown for USC. Jordan Bishop caught a 5-yard pass from Ryan Katz to increase the Beavers' lead to 22 in the fourth quarter. Then an 8-yard touchdown pass from Katz to Joe Halahuni sealed the game for the Beavers. The Trojans have lost the last three games in Corvallis. Oregon State's 36–7 victory marked their biggest win over USC in 96 years.
|Harris||Not released||NR||NR||NR||NR||NR||NR||NR||NR||NR||Not released|
|BCS||Not released||NR||NR||NR||NR||NR||NR||NR||NR||Not released|
Scores by quarter
This section is empty. You can help by adding to it. (January 2011)
- "Oregon State Beavers vs. TCU Horned Frogs Box Score". ESPN. September 4, 2010. Archived from the original on September 7, 2010. Retrieved September 4, 2010.
- "Louisville Cardinals vs. Oregon State Beavers Box Score". ESPN. September 18, 2010. Archived from the original on September 21, 2010. Retrieved September 19, 2010.
- "Oregon State Beavers vs. Boise State Broncos Box Score". ESPN. September 25, 2010. Archived from the original on September 29, 2010. Retrieved October 3, 2010.
- "Arizona State Sun Devils vs. Oregon State Beavers Box Score". ESPN. October 2, 2010. Archived from the original on October 6, 2010. Retrieved October 3, 2010.
- "Oregon State Beavers vs. Arizona Wildcats Box Score". ESPN. October 9, 2010. Archived from the original on October 12, 2010. Retrieved October 10, 2010.
- "Oregon State Beavers vs. Washington Huskies Box Score". ESPN. October 16, 2010. Archived from the original on October 18, 2010. Retrieved October 17, 2010.
- "California Golden Bears vs. Oregon State Beavers Box Score". ESPN. October 30, 2010. Archived from the original on November 2, 2010. Retrieved November 21, 2010.
- "Oregon State Beavers vs. UCLA Bruins Box Score". ESPN. November 6, 2010. Archived from the original on November 17, 2010. Retrieved November 21, 2010.
- "Washington State Cougars vs. Oregon State Beavers Box Score". ESPN. November 13, 2010. Archived from the original on November 2, 2010. Retrieved November 13, 2010.
- "USC Trojans vs. Oregon State Beavers Box Score". ESPN. November 20, 2010. Archived from the original on November 24, 2010. Retrieved November 21, 2010.
- "Oregon State Beavers vs. Stanford Cardinal Box Score". ESPN. November 27, 2010. Archived from the original on December 1, 2010. Retrieved November 30, 2010.
- "Oregon Ducks vs. Oregon State Beavers Box Score". ESPN. December 4, 2010. Retrieved December 4, 2010.
- "Jake Locker tosses 5 TDs as Washington topples No. 24 Oregon St. in OT". ESPN.com. Archived from the original on October 20, 2010. Retrieved October 26, 2010.
- Lopresti, Mike (November 21, 2010). "Thanksgiving feast of football could bring clarity to BCS". USA Today. Retrieved November 22, 2010.