2010 Pan Pacific Swimming Championships – Men's 400 metre individual medley
|Men's 400 metre individual medley
at the 2010 Pan Pacific Swimming Championships
|Venue||William Woollett Jr. Aquatics Center|
|Dates||August 19, 2010 (heats &
|Competitors||18 from 9 nations|
|2010 Pan Pacific
The men's 400 metre individual medley competition at the 2010 Pan Pacific Swimming Championships took place on August 19 at the William Woollett Jr. Aquatics Center. The last champion was Michael Phelps of US.
This race consisted of eight lengths of the pool. The first two lengths were swum using the butterfly stroke, the second pair with the backstroke, the third pair of lengths in breaststroke, and the final two were freestyle.
Prior to this competition, the existing world and Pan Pacific records were as follows:
|World record||Michael Phelps (USA)||4:03.84||Beijing, China||August 10, 2008|
|Pan Pacific Championships record||Michael Phelps (USA)||4:10.47||Victoria, Canada||August 18, 2006|
All times are in minutes and seconds.
|KEY:||q||Fastest non-qualifiers||Q||Qualified||CR||Championships record||NR||National record||PB||Personal best||SB||Seasonal best|
The first round was held on August 19, at 11:14. As only two members of each nation can enter Final A, Michael Phelps, despite finishing with the fourth fastest time, was the third fastest American, therefore could not compete in Final A. He did not participate in Final B either.
|1||1||4||Ryan Lochte||United States||4:08.77||QA, CR|
|2||1||5||Tyler Clary||United States||4:09.20||QA|
|4||3||4||Michael Phelps||United States||4:15.38|
|7||1||3||Robert Margalis||United States||4:17.16||QB 4th American|
|9||1||6||Andrew Gemmell||United States||4:17.75||QB 5th American|
|10||3||6||Kosuke Hagino||Japan||4:19.02||QB 3rd Japanese|
|12||2||2||Jordan Hartney||Canada||4:21.31||QB 3rd Canadian|
|16||2||7||Sebastian Rousseau||South Africa||4:29.07||QB|
|17||3||3||Kim Mingyu||South Korea||4:29.27|
The B final was held on August 19, at 19:18.
|9||4||Robert Margalis||United States||4:17.28|
|11||8||Andrew Gemmell||United States||4:19.69|
|14||7||Kim Mingyu||South Korea||4:26.00|
The A final was held on August 19, at 19:18.
|4||Ryan Lochte||United States||4:07.59||CR|
|5||Tyler Clary||United States||4:09.55|
- "Results of the 400-metre individual medley heats at 2010 Pan Pacific". OmegaTiming. August 19, 2010. Retrieved December 13, 2013.
- "Results of the 400-metre individual medley finals at 2010 Pan Pacific". OmegaTiming. August 19, 2010. Retrieved December 13, 2013.
- 2010 Pan Pacific handbook
- ISHOF list with all medalists in Pan Pacific Championships history Archived 2014-10-10 at the Wayback Machine.
- "2006 Pan Pacific - Full Results". OmegaTiming. August 20, 2006. Retrieved December 17, 2013.
- Swimming technical manual Archived July 28, 2011, at the Wayback Machine.