2010 World Figure Skating Championships
This is an old revision of this page, as edited by Luckas-bot at 21:47, 27 March 2010 (robot Adding: hu:2010-es műkorcsolya- és jégtánc-világbajnokság). The present address (URL) is a permanent link to this revision, which may differ significantly from the .
|2010 World Figure Skating Championships|
|Date:||March 22 – March 28|
|Host:||Federazione Italiana Sport del Ghiaccio|
|Men's singles: |
|Ladies' singles: |
|Pair skating: |
Pang Qing & Tong Jian
|Ice dance: |
Tessa Virtue & Scott Moir
2009 World Championships
2011 World Championships
The 2010 World Figure Skating Championships will be the World Figure Skating Championships for the 2009/2010 figure skating season. Commonly called "Worlds", they are an annual figure skating competition in which elite figure skaters compete for the title of World Champion. The event will crown the World Champions in the disciplines of men's singles, ladies singles, pair skating, and ice dancing.
The competition will be open to skaters from ISU Member Nations who had reached the age of 15 by July 1, 2009. The corresponding competition for younger skaters will be the 2010 World Junior Figure Skating Championships.
Skaters qualify for the World Championships by belonging to an ISU member nation. Each country is allowed one entry in every discipline by default. Countries earn a second or third entry for the following year's competition by earning points through skater placement.
| Russia |
| Canada |
(Local time, UTC+1)
- Tuesday, March 23
- 12:00 Compulsory Dance
- 17:15 Opening Ceremonies
- 18:15 Pairs Short Program
- Wednesday, March 24
- 09:30 Men's Short Program
- 18:45 Pairs Free Skating
- Thursday, March 25
- 12:45 Original Dance
- 18:15 Men's Free Skating
- Friday, March 26
- 09:00 Ladies Short Program
- 18:45 Free Dance
- Saturday, March 27
- 12:30 Ladies Free Skating
- Sunday, March 28
- 14:30 Gala Exhibition
- The compulsory dance was the Golden Waltz.
- In the ice dance competition, Meryl Davis & Charlie White (USA) set a new world record for the original dance under the ISU Judging System after scoring 69.29 points. Tessa Virtue & Scott Moir (CAN) set another world record for the original dance earning 70.27 points, competing after Davis & White. 
|Men||Daisuke Takahashi||Patrick Chan||Brian Joubert|
|Ladies||Mao Asada||Kim Yu-Na||Laura Lepistö|
|Pair skating||Pang Qing / Tong Jian||Aliona Savchenko / Robin Szolkowy||Yuko Kavaguti / Alexander Smirnov|
|Ice dancing||Tessa Virtue / Scott Moir||Meryl Davis / Charlie White||Federica Faiella / Massimo Scali|
- "ISU Judging System Statistics, Progression of Highest Score, Ice Dance OD". 2010-03-25. Retrieved 2010-03-25.
- Official site
- 2010 Worlds at the ISU
- 2010 Worlds starting orders/results
- 2010 Worlds TV and Online Broadcast Schedule
|This article relating to figure skating is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|