2010 World Netball Series
|Dates||19–21 November 2010|
|No. of nations||6|
The 2010 World Netball Series was the second edition of the World Netball Series, an annual international netball competition held under fastnet rules. The 2010 event was held in Liverpool, England, and was contested between the top six national netball teams according to the IFNA World Rankings. After two days of round-robin matches, Jamaica and England finished on top of the standings. However, the 2010 tournament was won by New Zealand, who defeated Jamaica in the semi-final and England in the grand final.
Date and venue
The tournament comprised 20 matches played over three days from 19–21 November. Each of the six teams played each other once during the first two days in a round-robin format. At the end of two days, the four highest-ranked teams from this stage progress to the finals, played on the final day of competition, in which the 1st-ranked team play the 4th-ranked team, while 2nd plays 3rd. The winners of these two matches contested the Grand Final; the remaining teams competed in third- and fifth-place playoffs.
The top six international netball teams contest the World Netball Series each year. Five teams returned from the previous tournament; Samoa was replaced by South Africa in 2010. England, Jamaica and Malawi sent near full-strength teams for the tournament; Australia and New Zealand sent development teams, while South Africa had several top players unavailable.
|Friday 19 November|
|1||13:40||Jamaica||32 – 30||Malawi|
|2||14:25||England||30 – 13||South Africa|
|3||15:10||New Zealand||19 – 25||Australia|
|4||18:35||Malawi||23 – 29||New Zealand|
|5||19:20||Jamaica||34 – 22||South Africa|
|6||20:05||Australia||25 – 25||England|
|7||20:50||South Africa||16 – 31||New Zealand|
|Saturday 20 November|
|8||10:05||England||26 – 24||New Zealand|
|9||10:50||Australia||30 – 32||Jamaica|
|10||11:35||South Africa||17 – 28||Malawi|
|11||12:20||England||20 – 27||Jamaica|
|12||14:35||Australia||34 – 34||Malawi|
|13||15:20||Jamaica||27 – 27||New Zealand|
|14||16:05||Australia||39 – 13||South Africa|
|15||16:50||Malawi||29 – 32||England|
|Sunday 21 November|
|16||13:05||Jamaica||28 – 29||New Zealand|
|17||13:50||England||26 – 25||Australia|
|18||14:35||Malawi||25 – 20||South Africa|
|19||15:20||Australia||29 – 30||Jamaica|
|20||16:05||New Zealand||28 – 26||England|
- NZPA (2010-11-22). "Ferns retain fastnet title". The New Zealand Herald. Retrieved 2010-11-22.
- England Netball (2010-11-08). "England squad announced for World Netball Series at the Echo Arena Liverpool". Retrieved 2010-11-12.[permanent dead link]
- Bogle, Dania (5 November 2010). "Ja go for experience at FAST NET series". Jamaica Observer. Archived from the original on 7 November 2010. Retrieved 12 November 2010. Cite uses deprecated parameter
- Zakazaka, Gomezgani (2010-11-13). "Queens off to England". The Nation (Malawi). Retrieved 2010-11-19.
- Netball Australia. "Australian Fastnet Diamonds". Archived from the original on 26 November 2010. Retrieved 12 November 2010. Cite uses deprecated parameter
- Johannsen, Dana (2010-10-20). "Wider Silver Ferns squad to join defence of Fastnet title". The New Zealand Herald. Retrieved 2010-11-12.
- Lebea, Matome (2010-11-10). "Strauss hones squad for World Series". Sowetan Live. Retrieved 2010-11-19.
- "World Netball Series: Team Info". Archived from the original on 2011-07-18. Retrieved 2010-11-19. Cite uses deprecated parameter