2011 Andalucia Tennis Experience
|2011 Andalucia Tennis Experience|
|Date||April 2 – April 10|
|Venue||Club de Tenis Puente Romano|
|Nuria Llagostera Vives / Arantxa Parra Santonja|
The 2011 Andalucia Tennis Experience was a tennis tournament played on outdoor clay courts. It was the 3rd edition of the Andalucia Tennis Experience, and an International-level tournament of the 2011 WTA Tour. The event took place at the Club de Tenis Puente Romano in Marbella, Spain, from April 2 through April 10, 2011.
The field was led by top seed Victoria Azarenka. She was joined by former world no. 1 Russian Dinara Safina and two-time Grand Slam champion Svetlana Kuznetsova. Defending champion Flavia Pennetta and finalist of the past two years Carla Suárez Navarro were also on set to join the field before they withdrew.
Prize Money & Points Distribution
|Stage||Women's Singles||Women's Doubles|
|Round of 16||30||1|
|Round of 32||1||–|
|Qualifying Final Round||10|
|Qualifying Second Round||6|
|Qualifying First Round||1|
The total commitment prize money for this year's event is US $220.000.
|Stage||Women's Singles||Women's Doubles
|Round of 16||$2,950||$860|
|Round of 32||$1,725||–|
|Qualifying Final Round||$860|
|Qualifying Second Round||$460|
|Qualifying First Round||$265|
- Rankings and seedings are as of March 21, 2011.
The following players received wildcards into the main draw:
The following players received entry via qualifying:
The following players withdrew from the tournament for various reasons:
- Flavia Pennetta (torn shoulder muscle)
- Ana Ivanovic (fatigue)
- Carla Suárez Navarro (right elbow surgery)
- It was Azarenka's second title of the year and the seventh of her career.
- "WTA Ranking System" (PDF). wtatour.com. Retrieved 8 January 2011.
- "PrizeMoney". andulenciatennis.com. Retrieved 8 January 2011.
- "Svetlana Kuznetsova enters Andalucía Tennis Experience 2011". andaluciatennis.com. Andalucia Tennis Experience. 2011-03-31. Retrieved 2011-04-01.