2011 Beechcraft 65-80 Queen Air crash
A Beechcraft B65 Queen Air, similar to the accident aircraft
|Date||10 December 2011|
|Summary||Pilot error, Engine Fire|
|Injuries (non-fatal)||20+ (ground)|
|Fatalities||at least 14 (including 11 on the ground)|
|Aircraft type||Beechcraft 65-80 Queen Air|
|Operator||Aviation Technology Innovators|
|Flight origin||Ninoy Aquino International Airport|
|Destination||San Jose Airport|
The 2011 Beechcraft 65-80 Queen Air crash occurred on 10 December 2011, when a Beechcraft 65-80 Queen Air cargo plane experienced an engine failure and crashed into the Felixberto Serrano Elementary School in Parañaque, Philippines, killing at least 14 people including the three crew members on board the aircraft, and injuring over 20 people. Approximately 50 houses in the residential area were set ablaze by the subsequent fire caused by the accident. The cause of the accident, as well as the identities of the victims is still not public knowledge.
An Investigation is being carried out by the Civil Aviation Authority of the Philippines, to try and determine what caused the plane to plunge into the school immediately after take-off, killing at least 14 people.
After the crash, the Civil Aviation Authority of the Philippines has decided to ground all of Aviation Technology Innovator's planes. Investigators are trying to establish why the pilot turned towards the dead engine, ultimately causing the aircraft to stall and spin.
- "Accident Description". Aviation Safety Network. 10 December 2011. Retrieved 14 December 2011.
- "Plane crash in Philippines kills 13". IBN TV. 10 December 2011. Retrieved December 11, 2011.
- "14 people killed in plane crash in Parañaque". abs-cbnNEWS.com. 10 December 2011. Retrieved 11 December 2011.
- ASN Wikibase Occurrence # 140324
- "Plane crashes into crowded slum in Manila, kills at least 13". National Post. December 10, 2011. Retrieved December 11, 2011.
- "Philippine plane crash searched for more victims, clues". Jason Gutierrez. December 10, 2011. Retrieved December 11, 2011.
- Echeminada, Perseus (11 December 2011). "14 killed as plane crashes into slum area". The Philippine Star. Retrieved 14 December 2011.
- "Planes Grounded". tempo.com.ph. 12 December 2011. Retrieved 14 December 2011.
- "Pilot erred, Parañaque crash probers conclude". Retrieved 3 August 2013.