2011 CAF Champions League Final
|Event||2011 CAF Champions League|
|Date||6 November 2011|
|Venue||Stade Mohamed V, Casablanca|
|Referee||Neant Alioum (Cameroon)|
15 °C (59 °F)
|Date||12 November 2011|
|Venue||Stade 14 January, Radès|
|Referee||Noumandiez Doue (Côte d'Ivoire)|
16 °C (61 °F)
The 2011 CAF Champions League Final was the final of the 2011 CAF Champions League, the 47th edition of Africa's premier club football tournament organized by the Confederation of African Football (CAF), and the 15th edition under the current CAF Champions League format.
The final was played between Wydad Casablanca from Morocco and Espérance ST from Tunisia. After a goal-less first leg, Espérance ST won the second leg 1–0 to win their second African title (the first being the 1994 African Cup of Champions Clubs). The win saw Espérance ST complete the Treble, and as a result, Espérance ST qualified to enter the quarterfinals of the 2011 FIFA Club World Cup as the CAF representative, as well as participate in the 2012 CAF Super Cup against the winner of the 2011 CAF Confederation Cup.
Road to final
|Wydad Casablanca||Round||Espérance ST|
|Opponent||Agg.||1st leg||2nd leg||Qualifying rounds||Opponent||Agg.||1st leg||2nd leg|
|Aduana Stars||3–1||3–0 (H)||0–1 (A)||Preliminary round||bye|
|Kano Pillars||2–0||2–0 (H)||0–0 (A)||First round||ASPAC||5–2||5–0 (H)||0–2 (A)|
|TP Mazembe||1–2*||1–0 (H)||0–2 (A)||Second round||Diaraf||6–0||5–0 (H)||1–0 (A)|
|Al-Ahly||3–3 (A)||Matchday 1||MC Alger||1–1 (A)|
|MC Alger||4–0 (H)||Matchday 2||Al-Ahly||1–0 (H)|
|Espérance ST||2–2 (H)||Matchday 3||Wydad Casablanca||2–2 (A)|
|Espérance ST||0–0 (A)||Matchday 4||Wydad Casablanca||0–0 (H)|
|Al-Ahly||1–1 (H)||Matchday 5||MC Alger||4–0 (H)|
|MC Alger||1–3 (A)||Matchday 6||Al-Ahly||1–1 (A)|
|Group B runner-up
|Final standings||Group B winner
|Opponent||Agg.||1st leg||2nd leg||Knock-out stage||Opponent||Agg.||1st leg||2nd leg|
|Enyimba||1–0||1–0 (H)||0–0 (A)||Semifinals||Al-Hilal||3–0||1–0 (A)||2–0 (H)|
* TP Mazembe won 2–1 on aggregate, but were later disqualified for fielding an ineligible player in the first round. As a result, Wydad Casablanca played against Tanzanian side Simba, which lost to TP Mazembe in the first round, in a play-off for a place in the group stage.
The final was decided over two legs, with aggregate goals used to determine the winner. If the sides were level on aggregate after the second leg, the away goals rule would have been applied, and if still level, the tie would have proceeded directly to a penalty shootout (no extra time is played).
6 November 2011
|Wydad Casablanca||0 – 0||Espérance ST|
12 November 2011
|Espérance ST||1 – 0||Wydad Casablanca|
- "Esperance reach African Champions League final". BBC Sport. 15 October 2011. Retrieved 1 November 2011.
- "Wydad Casablanca into African Champions League final". BBC Sport. 16 October 2011. Retrieved 1 November 2011.
- Esperance force Wydad to a barren draw
- Esperance conquer Africa thanks to Afful goal
- Regulations of the CAF Champions League
- Ligue des Champions d'Afrique (Finale aller): Wydad AC vs ES Tunis
- Ligue des Champions: Un Camerounais pour l’aller, un Ivoirien pour le retour