2011 Durango massacres
The 2011 Durango massacres were a series of mass murders that occurred in 2011. According to El Universal and Yahoo! News, at least 340 bodies have been found in mass graves around the city of Durango as of February 2012; These mass graves are the first of their kind in the state of Durango and third of their kind in Mexico. These mass graves had more bodies than the 2011 Tamaulipas massacre of 189 bus passengers. Since April 2011, there have been 7 mass graves found around Durango. One of these mass graves was found in a vacant auto repair lot in Durango with 89 bodies. One of the bodies identified was Alfonso Peña, the former mayor of Tepehuanes Municipality, Durango.
- List of massacres in Mexico
- Nuevo León mass graves
- Coahuila mass graves
- 2010 San Fernando massacre
- 2011 San Fernando massacre
- Ibarra, Richard (27 February 2012). "Hallan 50 restos más en Durango; suman 322 cuerpos en fosas en 10 meses". CNNMexico. Retrieved 28 February 2012.
- (in Spanish) Esperanza Gaucín, Rosa (27 February 2012). "Hallan 50 cuerpos en diciembre, hoy lo informan". El Universal. Retrieved 28 February 2012.
- Gaucín, Rosa. "Encuentran 50 cuerpos más en fosas de Durango; suman 340". El Universal. Retrieved 28 February 2012.
- "Encuentran 50 cuerpos más en fosas de Durango; suman 340". Yahoo! News. Retrieved 28 February 2012.
- Time: Durango's Killing Fields: The Grave in the Garden
- Fox News: Mexican mass graves lead gruesome discovery
- "Uno de los cuerpos identificados en fosas de Durango pertenece a un alcalde con licencia". CNNMexico (in Spanish). 15 March 2012. Retrieved 16 March 2012.