List of 2011 Indian Premier League personnel changes
This is a list of all personnel changes for the 2011 Indian Premier League.
|Date||Name||Team(s) played (years)||Age||Notes||Ref.|
|14 May 2010||Shane Bond||Kolkata Knight Riders (2010)||34|||
|16 September 2010||Andrew Flintoff||Chennai Super Kings (2009)||32||Had missed the 2010 season due to injury.|||
|December 2010||Matthew Hayden||Chennai Super Kings (2008–2010)||39||Declined participation in the auction.|||
|4 January 2011||Anil Kumble||Royal Challengers Bangalore (2008–2010)||40||Became a mentor for the Royal Challengers Bangalore.|||
|29 January 2011||Nathan Bracken||Royal Challengers Bangalore (2008–2010)||33||Declined participation in the auction.|||
|Chennai Super Kings|
|1||Mahendra Singh Dhoni||$1,800,000|
|Royal Challengers Bangalore|
The players auction for the 2011 Indian Premier League (fourth season) was held on 8 and 9 January 2011 at the ITC Royal Gardenia, Bangalore. The auction comprised 350 players (reduced from an initial list of 416 players) put for auction in English auction. Each player in the auction pool had a bidding base price under which franchise owners could not bid. Players were allowed to set their base price between $200,000 to $400,000.
There are reports that some teams spent $12 million on players, despite the salary cap being $9 million.
The following players remained unsold at the end of the two-day auction.
Many franchises signed players after the IPL auction, as replacement of contracted players who are not available to play due to injuries and national commitments. Under IPL rules, the replacements have to be chosen from the pool of players who went unsold in the January auction, and cannot be paid more than the players they are replacing, though they can be paid less.
|Player||Replaced||Team||Price||Reason for replacement|
|Tim Southee||Ben Hilfenhaus||Chennai Super Kings||$100,000||Injury|
|Chris Gayle||Dirk Nannes||Royal Challengers Bangalore||$650,000||Injury – side strain|
|Jacob Oram||Paul Collingwood||Rajasthan Royals||$250,000||Injury – damaged cartilage in right knee|
|Ryan McLaren||Stuart Broad||Kings XI Punjab||$250,000||Injury – side strain|
|David Miller||Dimitri Mascarenhas||Kings XI Punjab||$100,000||Surgery – to fix achilles heel injury|
|Mark Boucher||Brad Haddin||Kolkata Knight Riders||$325,000||Injury – middle finger|
|Sourav Ganguly||Ashish Nehra||Pune Warriors India||$400,000||Injury – finger|
|James Faulkner||Angelo Mathews||Pune Warriors India||$100,000||Injury – leg|
|Ray Price||Moises Henriques||Mumbai Indians||$50,000||Injury – adductor muscle|
|Dilhara Fernando||Clint McKay||Mumbai Indians||$100,000||Injury – stress fracture in left foot|
- Coverdale, Brydon (14 May 2010). "Shane Bond retires from all cricket". CricInfo. ESPN. Retrieved 20 May 2012.
- Hoult, Nick (14 January 2010). "Andrew Flintoff's latest injury likely to cost him £1 million IPL contract". The Telegraph. Retrieved 20 May 2012.
- "Flintoff announces retirement from cricket". CricInfo. ESPN. 16 September 2010. Retrieved 20 May 2012.
- "Lara in Demand". Trinidad Express. 20 December 2010. Retrieved 20 May 2012.
- "Kumble retires from all forms of cricket". The Times of India. 4 January 2011. Retrieved 20 May 2012.
- English, Peter (29 January 2011). "Knee injury forces Nathan Bracken to retire". CricInfo. ESPN. Retrieved 21 May 2012.
- "IPL 4 auction: Ten bidders, 350 players, 16 hrs and $75m". Times of India. 7 January 2011. Archived from the original on 11 January 2011. Retrieved 8 January 2011.
- A farce in the name of salary cap, cricketnirvana
- Indian Premier League 2011: Kings XI Punjab sign David Miller | Cricket News | Indian Premier League 2011 | ESPN Cricinfo
- The Official Website of Chennai Super Kings – CHAMPIONS 2011
- "Gayle arrives to replace injured Nannes". The Times Of India. 20 April 2011.
- IPL 2011: Jacob Oram takes injured Paul Collingwood's IPL place | Cricket News | Indian Premier League 2011 | ESPN Cricinfo
- IPL news: Kings XI Punjab sign Ryan McLaren | Cricket News | Indian Premier League 2011 | ESPN Cricinfo
- Indian Premier League 2011: Haddin ruled out of IPL with finger injury | Cricket News | Indian Premier League 2011 | ESPN Cricinfo
- IPL 4: Sourav Ganguly to play for Pune Warriors | News | NDTVSports.com
- Indian Premier League 2011: James Faulkner replaces Angelo Mathews in Pune squad | Cricket News | Indian Premier League 2011 | ESPN Cricinfo
- Indian Premier League 2011: Zimbabwe's Ray Price joins Mumbai Indians squad | Cricket News | Indian Premier League 2011 | ESPN Cricinfo