2011 National People's Congress
|2011 National People's Congress
Dì-shíyī Jiè Quánguó Rénmín Dàibiǎo Dàhuì Dì-sìcì Huìyì
4th Plenary Session
11th National People's Congress
5 March – 14 March
|Hu Jintao||Wen Jiabao||Wu Bangguo|
15 March 2003
16 March 2003
15 March 2003
|2011 NPC official website|
|This article is part of a series on the
politics and government of
The 4th Plenary Session of the 11th National People's Congress held its annual meeting in March 2011 at the Great Hall of the People in Beijing, China. The event opened on 5 March and concluded on 14 March. The meeting was expected to approve the country's 12th Five Year Plan.
Chinese premier Wen Jiabao delivered the central government's work report earlier in the meeting. Wen empathisied the need to maintain economic growth and challenges such as reducing the rich poor divide, reduced environmental degradation and boost domestic consumption.
At the close of the session, Premier Wen stated the government will maintain a 7 percent economic growth over the next period between 2011–2015 The government will focus on addressing widening rural and urban disparity, investment and consumption issues, reining in property prices and curbing inflation. Wen also striking a good balance in the economy between growth, employment and inflation so the economy can track along economic prosperity and avoid recession
The premier also mentioned about the fight against corruption. The areas focused will be in construction, sale of land use rights, mineral resources exploration, stated-owed property management and government procurement. The government will established a system for officials to regularly declare their income, investment, property and resident status of their family members.
Procurator-General Cao Jianming reported 2,723 corrupt officials were investigated in 2010. These officials were at the county levels and higher. The prosecutors charged 1,282 fugitives with work-related crimes in 2010. It also recovered money and goods to the value of 7.4 billion yuan.
- "Two Sessions to map out blueprint for China's next five-year development". Xinhua via NPC. Retrieved 2011-02-28.
- Meng Na; Tian Ye (2011-03-05). "China unveils five-year development blueprint as parliament starts annual session". Xinhua News Agency. Retrieved 9 March 2011.
- English.news.cn (2011-03-07). "China to "basically eradicate poverty" in 10 years, Wen says". Xinhua News Agency. Retrieved 9 March 2011.
- English.news.cn (2011-03-07). "Chinese leaders call for preparing for hardships and risks". Xinhua News Agency. Retrieved 9 March 2011.
- English.news.cn (2011-03-05). "Chinese leaders deliberate gov't work report with national legislators". Xinhua News Agency. Retrieved 9 March 2011.
- www.environmentalleader.com (8 March 2011). "China Accelerates Energy Efficiency Goal". Environmental Leader LLC. Retrieved 9 March 2011.
- Leo Hickman (8 March 2011). "China's coal reserves 'will make it new Middle East', says energy chief". Guardian News and Media Limited. Archived from the original on 9 March 2011. Retrieved 9 March 2011.
- China Daily (15 March 2011). "Meeting target 'will not be easy'". People's Daily Online. Retrieved 15 March 2011.
- Xinhua (5 March 2011). "China to intensify anti-corruption efforts in 2011". People's Daily Online. Xinhua News Agency. Retrieved 28 March 2011.
- English.news.cn (2011-03-11). "2,723 corrupt officials investigated in China in 2010, including six at ministerial level". English.news.cn. Xinhua News Agency. Retrieved 28 March 2011.
- English.news.cn (2011-03-11). "Highlights of work report of China's Supreme People's Procuratorate". English.news.cn. Xinhua News Agency. Retrieved 28 March 2011.
|Annual National People's Congress Sessions of the
People's Republic of China