2011 Shanghai Rolex Masters
|2011 Shanghai Rolex Masters|
|Date||10 – 16 October|
|Category||ATP Masters 1000|
|Venue||Qizhong Forest Sports City Arena|
|Max Mirnyi / Daniel Nestor|
The 2011 Shanghai Rolex Masters was a men's tennis tournament played on outdoor hard courts. It was the third edition of the Shanghai ATP Masters 1000, classified as an ATP World Tour Masters 1000 event on the 2011 ATP World Tour. It took place at Qizhong Forest Sports City Arena in Shanghai, People's Republic of China. This edition was held from 10 October through 16 October 2011.
Points and prize money
|Event||W||F||SF||QF||Round of 16||Round of 32||Round of 64||Q||Q2||Q1|
|Event||W||F||SF||QF||Round of 16||Round of 32||Round of 64||Q2||Q1|
- Rankings are as of October 3, 2011.
The following players received wildcards into the singles main draw:
The following players received entry from the qualifying draw:
- Juan Martín del Potro
- Novak Djokovic (ruptured back muscle)
- Roger Federer (fatigue)
- Richard Gasquet (elbow injury)
- John Isner (illness)
- Gaël Monfils (knee injury)
- Robin Söderling (mono)
- It was Murray's 5th title of the year and 21st of his career. It was his 2nd Masters of the year and 8th of his career. He defended his title.
- "Rankings explained". atpworldtour.com. Retrieved 25 February 2013.
- "Novak Djokovic withdraws from Shanghai Masters after back injury". The Guardian. 7 October 2011. Retrieved 9 October 2011.
- "Roger Federer pulls out of Shanghai Masters". BBC Sport. 23 September 2011. Retrieved 9 October 2011.
- "Gasquet également forfait" (in French). Eurosport. 4 October 2011. Retrieved 9 October 2011.
- "Injured Monfils withdraws from Beijing, Shanghai" (in French). The Times of India. 3 October 2011. Retrieved 9 October 2011.
- "Andy Murray to leap-frog Roger Federer in world rankings after beating David Ferrer to win Shanghai". Daily Telegraph. 16 October 2011. Retrieved 17 October 2011.