2011 in Albania
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|See also:||Other events of 2011|
List of years in Albania
The following lists events from the year 2011 in Albania.
- January 21 - Over 20,000 people protest against alleged electoral fraud with 3 people being killed in clashes with police in Tirana. Deputy minister Ilir Meta resigns from his position.
- January 22 - Prime Minister Berisha declares his country will not experience a Tunisian-style uprising in response to the protests.
- January 23 - Arrest warrants are issued for six members of the republican guard over the deaths of three protesters during the unrest.
- January 25 - Opposition leader Edi Rama calls for more protests in the country and demands the international community mediate the political crisis.
- January 28 - Over 100,000 supporters of the Socialist Party of Albania, the opposition, mourn the deaths of three protesters during police clashes in anti-government protests, through a two-hour calm procession.
November 30: Death of Leka, Crown Prince of Albania, in Tirana.
This section is empty. You can help by adding to it. (June 2011)
This section is empty. You can help by adding to it. (December 2014)