2011 in Italy
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|See also:||History of Italy • Timeline • Years|
Events of 2011 in Italy:
- President: Giorgio Napolitano
- Prime Minister: Silvio Berlusconi (until 16 November), Mario Monti (starting 16 November)
- Italian Prime Minister Silvio Berlusconi is being investigated in relation to allegations that he paid a 17-year-old girl for sex and that he lied misused his power to have her released from police custody after she was arrested for theft.
- Berlusconi resigns as Prime Minister.
- Amanda Knox and Raffaele Sollecito had their murder convictions quashed and were released.
|This section requires expansion. (December 2011)|
|This section requires expansion. (April 2011)|
- 18 April - Pietro Ferrero Jr. (born 1963)
- 24 December -
- 25 December - Giorgio Bocca, 91, essayist and journalist (born 1920)
- 31 December - Jerzy Kluger, 90, Polish-born businessman, bronchitis (born 1921)
|This Italian history article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article related to a particular year is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|