2011 in Serbia
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|2011 in Serbia|
|Prime minister||Mirko Cvetković|
|See also:||Other events of 2011
List of years in Serbia
Events in the year 2011 in Serbia.
- 2011 Serbian census took place.
- April 4: Serbian pro-Western President Boris Tadić resigned, paving the way for early presidential election where he will face strong challenge from a nationalist candidate.
- May 26: Ratko Mladić, the war crimes fugitive accused of orchestrating the Siege of Sarajevo and the Srebrenica massacre, has been arrested in Serbia.
- July 20: Goran Hadžić is detained in Serbia, becoming the last of 161 people indicted by the International Criminal Tribunal for the former Yugoslavia.
- July 25 - North Kosovo crisis started on Kosovo.
Arts and entertainment
- January 10 – Bora Kostić, 80, Serbian footballer (Red Star Belgrade).
- January 23 – Novica Tadić, 62, Yugoslavian poet.
- The Independent - Serbian President Boris Tadić resigns
- "Ratko Mladić: war crimes fugitive arrested in Serbia", The Telegraph
- "Serbia arrests last Balkan war crimes fugitive", USA Today
- Rehabilitovan knez Pavle Karađorđević
- Borivoje Bora Kostić (1930 - 2011) (Serbian)
- Umro pesnik Novica Tadić (Serbian)
- Preminuo Živorad Kovačević (Serbian)