2011 in animation
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The year 2011 in animation involved some animation-related events.
- March 23 - Series creator Genndy Tartakovsky leaves Cartoon Network Studios and moves to Sony Pictures Animation as Cartoon Network begins to decline, leaving Sym-Bionic Titan canceled after 20 episodes.
- August 31 - After 11 years, Between the Lions ended its run on PBS Kids.
- Academy Award for Best Animated Feature: Rango
- Animation Kobe Feature Film Award: Macross Frontier: Sayonara no Tsubasa
- Annecy International Animated Film Festival Cristal du long métrage: The Rabbi's Cat
- Annie Award for Best Animated Feature: Rango
- Asia Pacific Screen Award for Best Animated Feature Film: Leafie, A Hen into the Wild
- BAFTA Award for Best Animated Film: Rango
- César Award for Best Animated Film: The Rabbi's Cat
- European Film Award for Best Animated Film: Chico and Rita
- Goya Award for Best Animated Film: Wrinkles
- Japan Academy Prize for Animation of the Year: From up on Poppy Hill
- Japan Media Arts Festival Animation Grand Prize: Puella Magi Madoka Magica
- Mainichi Film Awards - Animation Grand Award: Hotarubi no Mori e
Main article: List of animated feature films of 2011
Television series debuts
Main article: List of animated television series of 2011
- January 1 - Dan Vs. debuts on The Hub (2011–13).
- January 3 - Wild Kratts debuts on PBS Kids (2011–present).
- January 9 - Bob's Burgers debuts on Fox (2011–present).
- January 24 - Bubble Guppies debuts on Nickelodeon (2011–present).
- February 14 - Jake and the Never Land Pirates debuts on Disney Junior (2011–present).
- April 4 - The Problem Solverz debuts on Cartoon Network (2011–13).
- May 3
- June 16 - Voltron Force debuts on Nicktoons (2011–12).
- July 29 - Thundercats debuts on Cartoon Network (2011–13).
- August 1 - Secret Mountain Fort Awesome debuts on Cartoon Network (2011–13).
- September 19 - Kung Fu Panda: Legends of Awesomeness debuts on Nickelodeon (2011–15).
- October 2 - China, IL debuts on Adult Swim (2011–15).
- October 27 - Beavis and Butthead returned on MTV (1993-97; 2011)
- October 30 - Allen Gregory debuts on Fox (2011).
- November 11
Television series endings
- January 24 - Robotomy cancelled on Cartoon Network (2010–11).
- April 9 - Sym-Bionic Titan cancelled on Cartoon Network (2010–11).
- May 7 - Zevo-3 ended on Nicktoons (2010–11).
- June 12 - The Mighty B! ended on Nicktoons (2008–11).
- July 16 - Hot Wheels Battle Force 5 cancelled on Cartoon Network (2009–11).
- July 23 - G.I. Joe: Renegades ended on The Hub (now Discovery Family) (2010–11).
- September 16 - Go, Diego, Go! cancelled on Nick Jr. (2005–11).
- October 14
- November 4 - Ni Hao, Kai-Lan cancelled on Nick Jr. (2007–11).
- November 12 - Back at the Barnyard ended on Nicktoons (2007–11).
- November 18 - Batman: The Brave and the Bold ended on Cartoon Network (2008–11).
- December 29 - Beavis and Butthead ended on MTV (1993-97; 2011).
|This section is empty. You can help by adding to it. (April 2012)|
- 第16回アニメーション神戸賞. Anime Kobe (in Japanese). Retrieved 2012-03-11.
- "Animation Chico and Rita wins European film award". BBC News. BBC. 2011-12-06. Retrieved 2012-03-15.