The 2012 AAMI Classic took place between 11–14 January 2012, at the Kooyong Stadium in Melbourne, Australia.
Lleyton Hewitt was the defending champion, having defeated Gaël Monfils 7–5, 6–3 in the 2011 final, but he competed in the Apia International instead. Following Jo-Wilfried Tsonga's withdrawal, Sam Querrey and Victor Troicki agreed to play in an exhibition match to help fill the schedule. Andy Murray and David Nalbandian also played a match.
Bernard Tomic won in the final against Mardy Fish, 6–4, 3–6, 7–5. He became the youngest person (and first teenager) to win the event.
- Jo-Wilfried Tsonga (First Round, withdrew, Eighth Place)
- Tomáš Berdych (First Round, Seventh Place)
- Mardy Fish (Final, Second Place)
- Andy Roddick (First Round, Sixth Place)
- Gaël Monfils (Semifinals, Fourth Place)
- Milos Raonic (First Round, withdrew due to stomach illness)
- Jürgen Melzer (Semifinals, Third Place)
- Bernard Tomic (Champion, First Place)
- Kei Nishikori (replaced Milos Raonic, Fifth Place)