2012 Agni Air Dornier 228 crash
The aircraft involved in the accident,
pictured two months earlier at Lukla Airport
|Date||14 May 2012|
|Summary||Controlled flight into terrain|
|Aircraft type||Dornier Do 228-200|
|Flight origin||Pokhara Airport, Pokhara, Kaski, Nepal|
|Destination||Jomsom Airport, Jomsom, Mustang, Nepal|
The 2012 Agni Air Dornier 228 crash was an aircraft accident involving a Dornier Do 228 operated by Nepalese airline Agni Air. The Dornier crashed, after a failed go-around, near Jomsom Airport in Nepal on 14 May 2012. The crash killed 15 of the 21 passengers and crew, including both pilots.
The aircraft was flying from Pokhara Airport to Jomsom Airport on an unscheduled flight. There were eighteen passengers, two pilots and a flight attendant on board. At 09:30 local time (03:45 UTC), the aircraft attempted to land at Jomson, but the first attempt was aborted by the pilots. During the subsequent go-around, one of the aircraft's wings impacted a hill, causing the aircraft to crash.
Passengers and crew
- Toh, Mavis (14 May 2012). "Agni Air Dornier 228-200 crashes in Nepal, killing 15". Flight Global. Retrieved 14 May 2012.
- Hradecky, Simon (14 May 2012). "Crash: Agni D228 at Jomsom on May 14th 2012, impacted terrain during go-around". Aviation Herald. Retrieved 14 May 2012.
- "Plane crashes in northern Nepal". BBC News. 14 May 2012. Retrieved 14 May 2012.
- "Fifteen dead as plane explodes trying to land on mountain airstrip in the Himalayas". Daily Mail. 14 May 2012. Retrieved 14 May 2012.
- "15 die in Agni Air crash at Jomsom, six survive". República. 14 May 2012. Retrieved 15 May 2012.
- "Låg bland säten och kroppar". Aftonbladet. 15 May 2012. Retrieved 15 May 2012.
- "Child actor Taruni Sachdev of 'Paa' fame, among Nepal crash victims". India Today. 15 May 2012. Retrieved 15 May 2012.