2012 FIA GT1 Nogaro round
The 2012 Easter Cup (French: Coupes de Pâques 2012) is a motor race that will be the first of ten rounds in the 2012 FIA GT1 World Championship season. It will take place at the Circuit Paul Armagnac in France on 8 April 2012. The race will be the first time the opening race of the GT1 World Championship season has not taken place at the Yas Marina Circuit in Abu Dhabi. Eighteen cars representing nine manufacturers will take part in the race, including six new manufacturers and seven new teams. The event will also be the first round of the 2012 FIA GT3 European Championship season.
AF Corse's Toni Vilander and Filip Salaquarda started the qualifying race from pole position. The qualifying race was won by Audi drivers Stéphane Ortelli and Laurens Vanthoor, with team-mates Frank Stippler and Oliver Jarvis in second place.
Qualifying decides the grid order for the Qualifying Race, which in turn decides the grid order for the Championship Race. It is divided into three twenty-minute sessions. Each car has two drivers, designated "Driver 1" and "Driver 2". Driver 1 takes part in the first and third sessions, while Driver 2 takes part in the second session. At the end of the first session, the three slowest cars are eliminated, while the six slowest cars in the second session are also eliminated. The third and final session is contested between the remaining eight cars.
- ^1 — The No. 24 Reiter Lamborghini had its Qualifying 3 times cancelled following a stewards decision.
- ^1 — The No. 18 Vita4One BMW was given a 30 second post-race penalty for failing to turn off their engine during their pit stop.
- "GT1: Revised 2012 Calendar Released". speedtv.com. Speed Channel. 4 February 2012. Retrieved 3 April 2012.
- Foubert, Claude (9 November 2011). "Le Championnat du Monde GT 2012 débutera à Nogaro" [GT World Championship 2012 will begin at Nogaro]. endurance-info.com (in French). Endurance-Info. Retrieved 3 April 2012.
- Watkins, Gary (12 March 2012). "Entry of three new teams secures future of FIA GT1 World Championship". Autosport.com. Haymarket Publications. Retrieved 3 April 2012.
- "Results List Qualifying 3" (PDF). Fédération Internationale de l'Automobile. 2012-04-07. Retrieved 2012-04-08.
|FIA GT1 World Championship|
|2012 season||Next race: