2012 Mnet Asian Music Awards
|2012 Mnet Asian Music Awards|
|Date||November 30, 2012|
|Venue||Hong Kong Convention and Exhibition Centre, Hong Kong|
|Hosted by||Song Joong-ki|
|Most awards||Psy (4)|
|Most nominations||Psy (6)|
|Runtime||around 240 minutes|
The 2012 Mnet Asian Music Awards took place on November 30, 2012, at Hong Kong Convention and Exhibition Centre in Hong Kong. The ceremony was the third consecutive Mnet Asian Music Awards to occur outside of South Korea. It was reported by international news agencies such as Agence France-Presse, ITN, and was also broadcast in 85 countries around the world.
Leading the nominees was Psy with six nominations. By the end of the ceremony, Psy had won four awards, the most of any of the nominees, followed by boybands Big Bang and Busker Busker with two each, excluding the special awards.
The event marked the fourteenth of the annual music awards. Using its slogan "Music Makes One" for the second consecutive time, MAMA was broadcast live in China, Japan, Hong Kong and Southeast Asia through various channels, as well as in the USA and Canada.
During the Red Carpet, artists B.A.P, Davichi, Mike Izon and Block B performed their songs "No Mercy", "Crash", "I'll Think of You", "Don't Say Goodbye", "Set Fire to the Rain" and "Nillili Mambo" respectively. International artists were seen with their greetings on screen during the main event including Dr. Dre and Jackie Chan
Winners and nominees
- Best New Asian Group:
- TVB Choice Award: Joey Yung
- Best Style in Music: Son Ga-in
- Guardian Angel Worldwide Performer: Big Bang
- Best Line Award: Super Junior
Artist(s) with multiple wins
The following artist(s) received two or more wins (excluding the special awards):
Artist(s) with multiple nominations
The following artist(s) received two or more nominations:
|Park Jin-young (JYP)[note 1]|
|Huh Gak[note 1]|
Presenters and performers
|Song Joong-ki||Welcome Address|
|Choi Minho and Jung Eun-ji||Presenters of the award for Best New Female Artist|
|Simon Yam||Presenter of the award for Best Dance Performance - Solo|
|Han Ga-in||Presenter of the award for Best Male Group|
|Kim Kang-woo||Presenter of the award for Best Female Group|
|Jung Il-woo||Introduced performer Wang Leehom and presented the Overall Best Asian Artist|
|Jung Gyu-woon and Chae Yeon||Presenters of the award for Best Collaboration Performance|
|Presenters of the award for Mnet PD's Choice|
|Huang Tsz Ting||Introduced performers Epik High ft. Lee Hi|
|Jung Il-woo and Jo Yoon-hee||Presenters of the award for Best Dance Performance - Male Group|
|Presenters of the award for Best Dance Performance - Female Group|
|Han Chae-young||Introduced performer Roy Kim|
|Kim Sung-soo and Go Joon-hee||Presenters of the award for Best Vocal Performance - Solo|
|Presenters of the award for Best Vocal Performance - Group|
|Krystal||Introduced performer Adam Lambert|
|Kim Hyo-jin||Presenter for the award for International Favorite Artist|
|Peng Yuyan and Bai Baihe||Presenters for the award for Best OST|
|Han Ye-seul||Introduced performers SHINee and EXO|
|Han Chae-young||Presenter of the award for Best Music Video|
|Victoria Song||Presenter of the award for TVB Choice Award|
|Kim Hyo-jin||Introduced performer Li Yuchun|
|Park Shin-hye and Yoon Shi-yoon||Presenters of the award for Best New Asian Group|
|Jung Suk-won and Yun-gil Jeong 정윤길||Presenters of the award for Best Style in Music|
|Angelababy||Presenter of the award for Guardian Angel Worldwide Performer|
|Danny (대니)||Guest host - Introduced Hip-hop performers|
|Shin Bora and Ailee||Presenters of the award for Best Rap Performance|
|Bolin Chen||Presenter of the award for Best Male Artist|
|Choi Ji-woo||Presenter of the award for Best Line Award|
|Introduced performers Big Bang|
|Song Seung-heon||Presenter of the award for Best Global Group|
|Song Joong-ki||Introduced performer Psy|
|Yoo Seung-jun, Helen Yao and Zhang Lanxin||Introduced the three grand awards through the movie CZ12|
|Jackie Chan and Han Ye-seul||Presenters of the award for Artist of the Year|
|Song Seung-heon and Han Ga-in||Presenters of the award for Album of the Year|
|Choi Ji-woo and Jung Woo-sung||Presenters of the award for Song of the Year|
|Song Joong-ki||Closing remarks|
|Song Joong-ki, Jung Jae II, G-Dragon, Ailee, Pia & Bang Yong Guk||"Really", Freestyle rapping, "A Better Tomorrow"||Opening Act - This Is The Moment|
|Ga-in, Sistar, Trouble Maker||"Bloom", "Alone", "Trouble Maker"||Lady Mamalady|
|Wang Leehom||"The Things You Never Knew", "Beautiful"||Picture Your Song|
|Epik High ft. Lee Hi||"It's Cold", "Don't Hate Me"||HATE Mental Hospital|
|Wooyoung, Park Jin-young (JYP)||"Sexy Lady", "DJ Got Me Goin' Crazy", "You're the One", "Gonna Make You Sweat (Everybody Dance Now)"||The Memorial of JYP|
|Roy Kim||"Passing By", "누구를 위한 삶인가"||My Way|
|Adam Lambert||"Whataya Want from Me", "Trespassing"||Time for Miracle|
|EXO and SHINee||"Mama", "Warrior's Descendant", "Mirotic", "Lucifer", "Sherlock"||Time Loop 2012|
|Super Junior||"Spy", "Mr. Simple", "Sexy, Free & Single"||Super Junior Never Die|
|Li Yuchun, Natthew, TimeZ||"Hello Baby", "She's Bad", "Idol Hooray"||Asian Acts|
|Gaeko of Dynamic Duo, Zico, Double K, Loco, Davichi and Chuija||Various freestyle rapping||Beats Rock the World|
|Big Bang||"Crayon", "Fantastic Baby"||Monster in Me|
|Seo In-young, B.o.B, and K.Will||"Anymore", "Airplanes", "Nothin' on You"||The Tie Between Hong Kong|
|Psy ft. Hyuna||"Gangnam Style"||The Worldwide Phenomenon|
|CJ E&M channels|
|MyTV-Cambodia||Other countries around the world|
|Studio 23 now ABS-CBN Sports and Action ( PHILIPPINES )|
|And all other channels that carried Mnet Asian Music Awards in Japan, Malaysia, Indonesia, Singapore and Europe.|
- Including collaborations.
- "Psy brings "Gangnam Style" to Hong Kong". AFP. Retrieved 1 December 2012.
- "Psy wins big at Asian Music Awards". Independent Television News. Archived from the original on 4 December 2012. Retrieved 1 December 2012.
- "Psy's Hong Kong performance to be broadcast to 85 countries". Yonhap News Agency. Retrieved 1 December 2012.
- "MKMF goes into history" Asiae. 20 October 2009. Retrieved 2012-04-17
- Benjamin, Jeff. "PSY, HyunA & Adam Lambert Rock MAMAs: Video Highlights". Billboard.com. Retrieved 29 January 2015.
- Zhang, Jingya. "Psy wins at 2012 Mnet Asian Music Awards". english.cntv.cn/. Retrieved 29 January 2015.
- "2012 MAMA Winners". Mnet Asian Music Awards. CJ E&M. Archived from the original on October 29, 2014. Retrieved December 15, 2014.
- "Nominees for the 2012 MAMA Announced". enewsWorld. CJ E&M. 23 October 2012. Archived from the original on 11 December 2012. Retrieved 13 November 2012.
- "Nominees for SONG and ARTIST of the YEAR". enewsWorld. CJ E&M. 23 October 2012. Archived from the original on 11 December 2012. Retrieved 13 November 2012.
- Eun, Elizabeth (30 November 2012). "Big Bang, Super Junior and Psy Win Big at 2012 MAMA". enewsWorld. CJ E&M. Retrieved 30 November 2012.
- "[Full ver.Part.1] 2012 Mnet Asian Music Awards". mwave. MAMA. Retrieved 23 January 2015.
- "[Full ver.Part.2] 2012 Mnet Asian Music Awards". mwave. MAMA. Retrieved 23 January 2015.
- "[Full ver.Part.3] 2012 Mnet Asian Music Awards". mwave. MAMA. Retrieved 23 January 2015.
- "[Full ver.Part.4] 2012 Mnet Asian Music Awards". mwave. MAMA. Retrieved 23 January 2015.