2012 Pekan Olahraga Nasional
The Lancang Kuning emblem, Riau traditional ship
|Motto||Sportivitas untuk Kualitas (Sportsmanship for Quality)|
|Athletes participating||11.276 |
|Opening ceremony||September 11|
|Closing ceremony||September 20|
|Officially opened by||Susilo Bambang Yudhoyono
President of Indonesia
|Athlete's Oath||Barry Agustini|
|Torch lighter||Zaini Bachtiar (Bodybuilder)|
|Ceremony venue||Riau Main Stadium, Pekanbaru|
|Website||PON Riau 2012|
2012 Pekan Olahraga Nasional or 2012 National Sports Week was a multi-sport event in Indonesia which was held in Riau from 9–20 September 2012. The previous edition was held in East Kalimantan. Thousands of athletes, officials, and journalists all across of Indonesian provinces participated to the game.
- 1 Host selection
- 2 Countdown
- 3 Mascot
- 4 Venues
- 5 Opening Ceremony
- 6 The Games
- 7 Medal table
- 8 References
- 9 External links
Riau won the selection of 2012 Pekan Olahraga Nasional host.
|Host City||Host Province||Round 1||Round 2||Round 3||Round 4||Round 5|
|Mataram eliminated||West Nusa Tenggara||21||16||17||-||-|
365 days before PON will be started, there is an inauguration of 2012 PON countdown timer. The celebration brought in some famous Indonesian singers, like Iwan Fals, Geisha, Lyla, etc. The timer is located in the heart of Pekanbaru city, at Jalan Cut Nyak Dien between two iconic buildings, Menara Lancang Kuning and Soeman HS Library. This timer is the very first countdown timer for Pekan Olahraga Nasional events.
|Riau Main Stadium||Football|
|Riau University students center||Judo|
|Riau University Wall Climbing Arena||Wall Climbing|
|Rumbai Stadium||Football (Qualification)|
|Rumbai Athletic Stadium||Athletic|
|Rumbai Aquatic Stadium||Aquatic|
|Rumbai Basketball Stadium||Basketball|
|Rumbai Gymnastic Stadium||Gymnastic|
|Rumbai Self-defense Indoor Stadium||Wushu|
|Rumbai Shooting Hall||Shooting|
|Chevron Softball Stadium||Softball|
|Riau Baseball Stadium||Baseball|
|Chevron Squash Arena||Squash|
|Bandar Sri Kayangan Lake||Water Ski|
|Kainjuhan swimming pool||Water Polo|
|Lancang Kuning University students center||Fencing|
|National Islamic University students center||Taekwondo|
|Riau Islamic University students center||Wrestling|
|Riau Islamic University Indoor Stadium||Volleyball|
|Riau Islamic University Archery Stadium||Archery|
|Sepak Takraw Hall||Sepak Takraw|
|Youth Sports Arena||Badminton|
|PTPN V Tennis Court||Tennis|
|Tribuana Sports Arena||Karate|
|Ratu Mayang Garden Hotel||Weightlifting|
|New Hollywood Hotel||Bodybuilding|
|Bowling and Billiard Center||Bowling|
|Idrus Tintin Art Pavilion||Dancing|
|Tuanku Tambusai Stadium||Football (Qualification)|
|Kampar Sports Hall||Pencak Silat|
|Kampar Motor Racing Arena||Racing|
|Labersa Country Club||Golf|
|Dumai Chevron Sports Hall||Table Tennis (Qualification)|
|Sasana Tirta Swimming Pool||Finswimming (mono)|
|RORO Pier||Finswimming (bi)|
|Pelalawan Boxing stadium area||Boxing|
|Perkasa Alam Sport Hall||Tarung Derajat|
|Selat Baru Beach||Sailing|
|Bandar Sri Maharaja||Beach Volleyball|
|Siak Sri Inderapura stadium arena||Kempo|
|Dayun Race Arena||Cycling|
|Kebun Kopi Sport Center||Keno, Kayak, Dragon Boat|
|Kuangsing Grand Stadium||Football (Qualification)|
|Tuanku Tambusai Airport||Paragliding|
|Narasinga Grand Stadium||Futsal (Qualification)|
|Tembilanhan Grand Stadium||Futsal|
The opening ceremony was scheduled 9 September 2012 but moved to 11 September due to President's schedule. Fireworks attraction started the ceremony, followed by some traditional dances. Judika (Indonesian Idol finalist) sang the theme song of the 2012 PON, Selamat Datang Sang Juara (Welcome the Champions). The athletes' parade then started, Aceh paraded first in the athletes' parade. The parade is organized by alphabetical order, the last team to parade is the veteran athletes from the first PON in Surakarta.
Then, 8 former national athletes brought the Pekan Olahraga Nasional Flag to the stadium, which is hoisted and followed by a singer singing the PON theme. After the hoisting of the PON flag, Barry Agustini took the Athlete's Oath, while Jefrizal took the Judge's Oath. The last section of the ceremony was the lighting of the PON cauldron. The torch was brought by former athlete Titi Syarif Sudibyo. The torch was passed to Amril Nurman, 5 times PON gold medalist in Badminton from Riau. Amril Nurman brought the torch in a replica of Lancang Kuning, which moved through the stadium floor. Amril then passed the torch to a man riding a white horse. The man depicts Tuanku Tambusai, famous hero from Riau. The cauldron was lighted by Zaini Bachtiar, using a spear shaped torch which was thrown to the cauldron. The spear didn't reach the cauldron, but the cauldron is still lit.
Athletes from 33 provincial sports committee are expected to participate.
List of medals in the closing of the games:
- PON Riau Diikuti 11.276 Atlet Situs resmi. Diakses 9 September 2012
- "PON Riau XVIII digelar 9 September 2012". koniriau.or.id (in Indonesian). KONI Riau. Archived from the original on 27 November 2012. Retrieved 30 August 2016.
- "Sekilas PON Riau XVIII". ponriau2012.com. Retrieved 6 August 2012.
- "Jadwal PON Riau XVIII". ponriau2012.com. Archived from the original on 6 November 2012. Retrieved 30 August 2016.
- "Geisha tandai peresmian tugu countdown PON". musik.kapanlagi.com. Kapanlagi.com. Retrieved 30 August 2016.
- "Makna tugu countdown PON XVIII tahun 2012". terubuk.com. Archived from the original on 15 June 2012. Retrieved 30 August 2016.
- "Logo dan Maskot PON Riau". ponriau2012.com. Retrieved 6 May 2012.
- "Maskot PON Riau diusung di pawai takbir di Tembilahan". ponriau2012.com. Retrieved 19 August 2012.
- "Venues PON XVIII 2012". ponriau2012.com. Retrieved 22 February 2012.
- "Dinilai layak venue Billiard tetap di Purna MTQ". ponriau2012.com. Retrieved 15 August 2012.
- http://www.okefood.com/read/2012/09/11/251/688432/air-dan-peradaban-buka-pon-ke-18 Air dan Peradaban Buka Pon ke-18 (in Indonesian)
- "Cabang Olahraga Peserta PON XVIII 2012". pekanbaruriau.com. Archived from the original on 27 June 2012. Retrieved 30 August 2016.
- "Cabang Olahraga PON XVIII 2012". ponriau2012.com. Retrieved 22 February 2012.
- (Indonesian) Official site
Samarinda, East Kalimantan
|Pekan Olahraga Nasional||Succeeded by
Bandung, West Java