2012 Sepang GP2 Series round
Round 1 of 12 rounds in the
2012 GP2 Series
|Location||Sepang International Circuit, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia|
|Course||Permanent racing facility
5.543 km (3.444 mi)
|Date||24 March 2012|
|First||Luiz Razia||Arden International|
|Time||1:49.246 (on lap 24)|
|Date||25 March 2012|
|First||James Calado||Lotus GP|
|Second||Esteban Gutiérrez||Lotus GP|
|Driver||Fabrizio Crestani||Venezuela GP Lazarus|
|Time||1:50.690 (on lap 8)|
The 2012 Sepang GP2 Series round was a GP2 Series motor race held on March 24 and 25, 2012 at Sepang International Circuit, Malaysia. It was the first round of the 2012 GP2 Series season. The race weekend supported the 2012 Malaysian Grand Prix.
- ^1 – Onidi received a three grid place penalty for impeding González during the qualifying session.
- ^2 — Stéphane Richelmi and Simon Trummer were both issued with twenty-second time penalties after the race when they were judged to have caused an avoidable collision.
- ^3 — Jolyon Palmer and Tom Dillmann started from the pit lane.
- ^4 — Stefano Coletti and Ricardo Teixeira were both classified as having finished the race, as they had completed 90% of the winners race distance.
Standings after the round
- Note: Only the top five positions are included for both sets of standings.
- "Fabio Onidi penalised". GP2 Series. GP2 Motorsport Limited. 23 March 2012. Retrieved 23 March 2012.
- "Trummer and Richelmi issued with 20 second time penalties". GP2 Series. GP2 Series Limited. 24 March 2012. Retrieved 24 March 2012.
2011 GP2 Final (NC)
2012 First Bahrain GP2 round
|Sepang GP2 round||Next round:
2013 Sepang GP2 Series round