2012 in Pakistan
|See also:||Other events of 2012
List of years in Pakistan
Events in the year 2012 in Pakistan.
- 2 January: India-Pakistan exchange a list of their nuclear installations.
- The death toll of a fake medicine crisis at a cardiology hospital in Lahore reaches 112.
- Iranian consulate organised an exhibition of Iranian products at the Expo Centre Lahore in the third week of April,
- Iran assured Pakistan that it is sincerely working to provide assistance and support for overcoming the energy crisis.
- Sharmeen Obaid-Chinoy becomes the first Pakistani to ever win an Oscar. At the 84th Academy Awards, her documentary on the reconstructive surgery of acid attack victims, Saving Face wins for Best Documentary (Short Subject).
- Raja Pervaiz Ashraf is elected as Prime Minister of Pakistan, following the disqualification of Yousaf Raza Gillani over a contempt of court conviction by the Supreme Court of Pakistan.
July 9: A Gunmen attacked a military camp near Wazirabad in Punjab, killing seven security personnel. The attack came at a time when Pakistan reopened NATO supply lines to Afghanistan, which had previously been closed for eight months to protest the 2011 NATO attack in Pakistan
- August 14 - The nation celebrated its 65th Independence Day
- Over 314 people die in factory fires in the Pakistani cities of Karachi and Lahore. (see 2012 Pakistan garment factory fires) (Reuters)
6 November: US polls event organised in US embassy in Pakistan. 9 November: Iqbal day celebrated with full zeal across the nation.
- On 22 December, Bashir Ahmad Bilour was leaving after attending a meeting of ANP workers at a private residence in Peshawar, when he was attacked and critically injured by a suicide bomber at 6:15 PM. He was rushed to Lady Reading Hospital where he died at 7:40 PM. His secretary Noor Muhammad was also killed in the blast. The funeral prayer for him was held at Colonel Sher Khan Army Stadium on 23 December 2012, and he was laid to rest at Syed Hasan Pir graveyard in Peshawar
- Pakistani cricket team vs England in the UAE in 2011–12
- Afghan cricket team v Pakistan in the UAE in 2011–12
- 10 January
- 14 January - Arfa Karim, 16, Pakistani student, world's youngest Microsoft Certified Professional (2004–2008), idiopathic epilepsy seizures. (born 1995) 
- 7 April - Bashir Ahmed Qureshi, 52, Sindhi nationalist politician, heart attack. 
- 13 June - Mehdi Hassan, 84, Pakistani ghazal singer.
- 17 June - Fauzia Wahab, 56, Pakistani politician, complications of gall bladder surgery.
- 18 June - Ghazala Javed, Pakistani singer, shooting.
- 22 December - Bashir Ahmad Bilour, member of the provincial assembly of Khyber-Pakhtunkhwa and Senior Minister for Local Government and Rural Development of Khyber-Pakhtunkhwa.
- India, Pakistan exchange nuclear facilities list
- (Express Tribune)
- "Raja Pervez Ashraf: the new leader". Daily Times. 23 June 2012. Retrieved 24 June 2012.
- Mahr, Krista (October 9, 2012). "Malala Yousafzai: The Latest Victim in the War on Children in Pakistan". Time.
- "Ghazal maestro Mehdi Hassan dies at 84". pardaphash.com. Retrieved 2012-06-13.
- "Transition: PPP MNA Fauzia Wahab passes away/". The Express Tribune. 17 June 2012. Retrieved 17 June 2012.
- Ahmad, Riaz (18 June 2012). "Target killing: Pashto singer Ghazala Javed, father gunned down in Peshawar". The Express Tribune. Retrieved 18 July 2012.