2012 in South Korea
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|See also:||Other events of 2012
Years in South Korea
Timeline of Korean history
2012 in North Korea
Events in the year 2012 in South Korea.
- The MOFAT Diamond Scandal is exposed.
- February 13 – The governing Grand National Party is renamed the Saenuri Party.
- March 8 – The South Korean military holds a live-fire land and air exercise near the North Korean border at Pocheon.
- March 12 – The South Korean government lodges a formal protest against Chinese claims to territorial jurisdiction over the Socotra Rock (Ieodo).
- March 15 – The South Korea–United States Free Trade Agreement comes into effect.
- March 22 – Korea National Oil Corporation announces a cut in imports of Iranian oil.
- March 23 – US President Barack Obama nominates Seoul-born Jim Yong Kim for the presidency of the World Bank.
- March 26–27 – The 2012 Nuclear Security Summit is held in Seoul, with over 55 leaders from around the world in attendance.
- March 29 – The Bank of Korea reports that with an easing global financial climate, South Korea returned to a current-account surplus in February.
- April 1 – The Blue House releases a statement alleging that over 80% of the cases brought to light in the South Korean illegal surveillance incident of 2010–12 took place under the previous administration of Roh Moo-hyun.
- April 11 – The 2012 legislative elections were held.
- May 2 – At the COEX Intercontinental Hotel KeSPA, Ongamenet, Blizzard Entertainment and GomTV announced the introduction of StarCraft II to professional competitions in South Korea with the Brood War being completely phased out in October.
- May 12 – August 12 – The Expo 2012 took place.
- September 17 - Typhoon Sanba made landfall on South Korea.
- October 7 — Due to an agreement with the U.S., South Korea has been allowed to develop ballistic missiles with a range of as much as 800 km.
- December 19 – The 2012 presidential elections will be held.
Main article: List of South Korean films of 2012
Main page: Category:2012 in South Korean television
- 2012 in South Korean music
- List of number-one hits of 2012
- List of Gaon Album Chart number ones of 2012
- List of number-one Streaming Songs of 2012
- 2012 Mnet Asian Music Awards
- 2012 in South Korean football
- 2012 Korean Grand Prix
- 2012 Korea Professional Baseball season
- 2012 South Korean Figure Skating Championships
- 2012 Korea Open Super Series Premier
- 2012 Korea Open Grand Prix Gold
- 2012 Asia Series
- 2012 Korean Series
- 2012 Asian Tour
- 2012 Asian Weightlifting Championships
- 2012 Asian Wrestling Championships
- 2012 Pacific-Asia Junior Curling Championships
- 2012 World Wheelchair Curling Championship
- South Korea at the 2012 Summer Olympics
- South Korea at the 2012 Summer Paralympics
- South Korea at the 2012 Asian Beach Games
- South Korea at the 2012 Winter Youth Olympics
- S. Korea holds firing drill near tense border. Agence France-Presse, March 8, 2012. Retrieved March 29, 2012.
- (LEAD) S. Korea protests China's jurisdictional claim on Ieodo. Yonhap News Agency, March 12, 2012. Retrieved March 29, 2012.
- S. Korea-U.S FTA takes effect, sets new era for bilateral ties. Yonhap News Agency, March 15, 2012. Retrieved March 29, 2012.
- S.Korea, Taiwan, S.Africa cut Iranian oil imports. Reuters, March 22, 2012. Retrieved March 29, 2012.
- Obama names surprise World Bank candidate Jim Yong Kim. BBC News, March 23, 2012. Retrieved March 29, 2012.
- South Korea Returns to Current-Account Surplus in February. Bloomberg, March 29, 2012. Retrieved March 29, 2012.
- Blue House says More Than 80 Percent of Surveillance Carried Out During Former Administration. KBS, April 1, 2012. Retrieved April 2, 2012.
- "Confirmed: KeSPA and OGN with StarCraft 2 leagues in May and July". Gosugamers.net. Retrieved 16 October 2012.
- "The Arrival of KeSPA". Cyber-sports.net. Retrieved 16 October 2012.
- Media related to 2012 in South Korea at Wikimedia Commons