2012 in the Philippines
|2012 in the Philippines:|
|2010 | 2011 | 2012 | 2013 | 2014|
|List of Filipino films in 2012
List of highest grossing Filipino films in 2012
|2012 in Philippine television|
2012 in the Philippines details events of note that happened in the Philippines in the year 2012.
- President: Benigno Aquino III
- Vice President: Jejomar Binay
- Chief Justice: Renato Corona to May 29 Antonio Carpio to August 24 Maria Lourdes Sereno
- Philippine Congress: 15th Congress of the Philippines
- Senate President: Juan Ponce Enrile
- House Speaker: Feliciano Belmonte, Jr.
- January 1 – Despite of campaigns from the Department of Health, New Year Celebrations throughout the country left more than 1000 people injured and 4 people reportedly dead throughout the country. DOH considers this year as the "deadliest New Year Celebration" so far.
- January 1 - On New Year's Day, despite the victim's of the fireworks, an 18-year old boy reported dead-on-arrival after he found that his cause of his death is the one suspect which he shot him using a what we called here sumpak.
- January 6 - After they found out that they are the suspect which they involved in a teen-ager death case, 2 suspect finally surrender to the police together with Manila's Vice Mayor Isko Moreno. They explained that the cause of the problem is the victim which they have been killed in the middle of the celebration of The New Year.
- January 7 – Another unexpected landslide happened in Compostela Valley, where more than 30 people are reportedly dead, and 50 still missing.
- January 12 – A dump truck accident that happened on Taytay, Rizal where 5 people reported killed. On earlier reports it was reported that the dump truck had no breaks and suddenly it hits the police outpost in the said area.
- January 15 - the Moro National Liberation Front (MNLF) declared the Independence of Bangsamoro Land (Sulu, Mindanao, Palawan, Sabah) in Valencia Bukidnon.[unreliable source?]
- January 16 – Impeachment trial of Chief Justice Renato Corona begins.
- February 6 – A 6.9-magnitude earthquake hit Negros and Cebu provinces, killing at least 52 people. The earthquake caused heavy landslides and huge cracks on highways, and violently shook buildings.
- February 13 - Airphil Express Flight 969, an Airbus A320-200 with 135 people on board, overshot the runway at Kalibo International Airport, Kalibo, Aklan. No injuries or aircraft damage occurred in the incident.
- February 28 - The Iglesia ni Cristo held a Grand Evangelical Mission in Quirino Grandstand, simultaneously with other different locations in the Philippines, and was attended by 3 million people.
- April 8–10 – The Philippine Navy spotted Chinese fishermen fishing on the disputed Scarborough Shoal and attempted to detain the fishermen on April 10 but was blocked by the Chinese maritime surveillance ship which led to a diplomatic standoff over the shoal and the further severance of Chinese ties with the Philippines.
- April 23 - an Airphil Express flight to Tawi-Tawi from Zamboanga City was aborted as smoke emitted from the right turboprop engine of the plane. The plane was about to take off when pilots noticed the smoke prompting them to park and order around 50 passengers to disembark shortly after 7:00 in the morning.
- May 19 – Christians protest against Lady Gaga's Manila concert on the Born This Way Ball tour, claiming she sang "blasphemous songs" and played "anti-Christian music".
- May 21 – Partial solar eclipse witnessed in the Philippines following an annular eclipse in parts of Asia, the Pacific Ocean and North America since the one happened on January 5, 1992.
- May 24 - Filipino-Mexican-American singer Jessica Sanchez she as Runner-up in American Idol, saved by the judges from elimination named Phillip Phillips.
- May 27 – Miss Philippines Earth 2012 was held at the Center Stage of SM Mall of Asia in Pasay City. Stephany Stefanowitz of Quezon City won the pageant.
- May 29 – Supreme Court Chief Justice Renato Corona was voted 20–3, guilty and convicted at the conclusion of the Impeachment Trial and was removed from the office.
- June 4 – Partial lunar eclipse was witnessed in the Philippines after sunset.
- June 6 – The Venus transit of June 6, 2012 was the second and last of two Venus transits of the 21st century, it was witnessed by amateur astronomers and sky watchers throughout the country since the first transit happened on June 8, 2004.
- June 23 – The Municipality of Bacoor in the province of Cavite becomes a component city.
- June 30 – The Municipality of Imus in the province of Cavite becomes a component city.
- July 22 - An small truck accident that happened in Biliran where 10 dead-on-the-spot while the 3 died in the hospital while 8 are injured.
- July 23 – The State of the Nation Address happens in Batasan Pambansa following many protests against the SONA.
- From late July into the first week of August, heavy rain brought on by Typhoons Saola and Haikui caused widespread flooding in many parts of the Philippines, which affected 2.4 million people. The capital Manila was the worst-affected. Many people fled their homes, and around 362,000 people sheltered in evacuation centres. As of August 8, the death toll was confirmed to be at least 53, then a few days later, reports confirmed the death toll at 60. As of August 13, confirmed deaths had risen to 89.
- August 4 - The Municipality of Cabuyao in the Province of Laguna becomes a component city.
- August 11 - The Municipality of Ilagan in the Province of Isabela becomes a component city.
- August 18 – A plane carrying four people – two pilots, the Secretary of the Department of the Interior and Local Government Jesse Robredo and his aide, crashed off the shore of Masbate Island en route to Robredo's hometown of Naga City from Cebu City. His aide survived the crash, however the Secretary and the two pilots did not survive. See: 2012 Philippine Piper Seneca crash
- August 20 – Typhoon Tembin brought heavy rains to the northern Philippines, triggering more landslides and flashfloods.
- August 31 – A 7.6-magnitude earthquake struck off the east of Samar Island, causing tsunami evacuations and power cuts.
- September 12 – The Cybercrime Prevention Act was officially signed into law by President Benigno Aquino III.
- October 4 – Two earthquakes, both measured at magnitude 5.3, struck the provinces of Davao Oriental and Occidental Mindoro.
- October 15 – The Philippine government signed a much-hyped document touted as the Framework Agreement on the Bangsamoro, which culminates the Aquino Administration's effort to end the deadlock in the peace process. This new document, while merely providing for a general framework for the actual peace negotiations, announces that "the status quo is unacceptable and that the Bangsamoro shall be established to replace the Autonomous Region in Muslim Mindanao (ARMM). The Bangsamoro is the new autonomous political entity (NPE) referred to in the Decision Points of Principles as of April 2012." According to President Aquino, this was the agreement that "can finally seal genuine, lasting peace in Mindanao." with Bangsamoro replacing ARMM which was described by President Benigno Aquino III as "a failed experiment".
- October 21 – Pedro Calungsod was canonized in Vatican City. He is the 2nd Filipino saint.
- October 26 – Bicol Express train, bound for Ligao City was derailed a little past midnight in a flooded area of in Sariaya, Quezon, injuring eight of the 128 passengers rescued from the wreckage.
- October 28 — At least 7 people died and 42 were injured when a passenger bus hit a concrete fence in Cebu Province.
- November 24 – Luis Antonio Tagle was made a cardinal by Pope Benedict XVI in a papal consistory at Saint Peter's Basilica in Vatican City.
- December 4 – Typhoon Bopha (Pablo) caused widespread destruction on the island of Mindanao, leaving thousands of people homeless. The cyclone is said to be one of the deadliest storms ever to hit the Philippines in decades. As of December 9, the death toll had climbed to 540, with 827 people still missing.
- December 21 – The Reproductive Health Bill was signed into law by President Benigno Aquino III.
- December 21 – Philippine Representative Janine Tugonon Placed 1st Runner-Up, at the Miss Universe 2012 Pageant held in Las Vegas,US.
Holidays in italics are "special days", while those in regular type are "regular holidays".
- January 1: New Year's Day
- January 23:Chinese New Year
- February 22: Ash Wednesday
- February 25: 1986 EDSA Revolution
- April 5: Maundy Thursday
- April 6: Good Friday
- April 9: Araw ng Kagitingan (Day of Valor)
- May 1: Labor Day
- June 12: Independence Day
- August 21: Ninoy Aquino Day
- August 26: National Heroes Day
- October 26: Eid al-Adha
- November 1: All Saints Day
- November 2: All Souls' Day
- November 30: Bonifacio Day
- December 25: Christmas
- December 30: Rizal Day
- December 31: New Year's Eve
In addition, several other places observe local holidays, such as the foundation of their town. These are also "special days."
- January 12: Simple Plan Get Your Heart On! Tour live at the Smart Araneta Coliseum
- January 17: The Ventures Guitar Mania live at the CCP Main Theatre
- January 18: AJ Rafael Red Roses Asia Tour live at the Music Museum
- January 22: Katy Perry The California Dreams Tour live at the SM Mall of Asia Concert Grounds
- January 27: Rap-Rockan Rockoverload 2 live at the Metro Bar 47 West Avenue Quezon City
- January 28: Anne Curtis Annebisyosa Concert live at the Smart Araneta Coliseum
- February 9: Channel V Music Festival 2012 live at the Metrowalk Parking Lot, Metrowalk Complex
- February 12: Engelbert Humperdinck live at the Waterfront Hotel Cebu
- February 14: Engelbert Humperdinck live at The Manila Hotel
- February 14: Ogie Alcasid and Regine Velasquez: Mr. & Mrs A live at the Smart Araneta Coliseum
- February 15: Engelbert Humperdinck live at the Smart Araneta Coliseum
- February 16: Avril Lavigne The Black Star Tour live at the Smart Araneta Coliseum
- February 17: James Ingram live at the Smart Araneta Coliseum
- February 18: James Ingram live at the Waterfront Hotel, Cebu City
- February 19: Evanescence and Bush live at the Smart Araneta Coliseum
- February 20: Citipointe: Hope Is Erupting Tour live at the Philsports Arena
- February 25: A1, Blue, and Jeff Timmons The Greatest Hits Tour live at the Smart Araneta Coliseum
- March 2: Jose and Wally A Party For Every Juan live at the Smart Araneta Coliseum
- March 5: Death Cab For Cutie live at the NBC Tent
- March 8: Smash Project: Cobra Starship, The Used, The Cab and Dashboard Confessional live at the Smart Araneta Coliseum
- March 9: Charice Infinity Tour live at the Smart Araneta Coliseum
- March 11: Charice Infinity Tour live at the Waterfront Hotel, Cebu City
- March 12: OMD History of Modern live at the Smart Araneta Coliseum
- March 16: A Day To Remember live at the Ynares Sports Arena
- March 17: Brian Mcknight live at the Waterfront Cebu City Hotel
- March 17: Cyndi Lauper live at the Smart Araneta Coliseum
- March 23: 100 Years of Coca-Cola Concert ng Bayan live at the SM Mall of Asia Concert Grounds
- March 28: The Platters live at the Aliw Theater
- March 30: Hanson: Shout It Out Tour live at the Smart Araneta Coliseum
- March 31: Hanson: Shout It Out Tour live at the Waterfront Hotel, Cebu City
- March 31: Olivia Newton-John live at the Smart Araneta Coliseum
- April 10: The Cranberries live at the Smart Araneta Coliseum
- April 11: LMFAO live at the Smart Araneta Coliseum
- April 12: The Stylistics live at the Smart Araneta Coliseum
- April 13: Taking Back Sunday live at the SM Skydome
- April 22: Greyson Chance live at the Smart Araneta Coliseum
- April 24: Sergio Mendez live at the Smart Araneta Coliseum
- May 1: Secondhand Serenade live at the SM Skydome
- May 13: Morrissey live at the World Trade Center
- May 21 & 22: Lady Gaga The Born This Way Ball Tour live at the Mall of Asia Arena
- May 26: Lifehouse live at the Smart Araneta Coliseum
- May 28: We The Kings live at the Hard Rock Cafe
- June 3: NKOTBSB New Kids On The Block Backstreet Boys live at the Mall of Asia Arena
- June 7: Michelle Branch and Jojo live at the Smart Araneta Coliseum
- June 12: Malayang Pilipino Independence Day Concert live at the Quirino Grandstand
- June 16: Original Pilipino Music Artists ICONS At the Arena live at the Mall of Asia Arena
- June 21: The Fray live at the Mall of Asia Arena
- July 7: Sarah Geronimo 24/SG: The Birthday Concert live at the Smart Araneta Coliseum
- July 11: Nicki Minaj The Pink Friday Tour live at the Mall of Asia Arena
- July 11: Silverstein live at the Area 05 Superclub, Bellasio Square, Toas Morato, Quezon City
- July 14: David Cook live at the Smart Araneta Coliseum
- July 15: David Cook live at the Waterfront Hotel Cebu City
- August 3: Nina Unleashed live at the Metro Bar 47 West Avenue Quezon City
- August 8: The Smashing Pumpkins live at the Smart Araneta Coliseum
- August 9: Cirque Du Soleil live at the Mall of Asia Arena
- August 9: Snow Patrol: Fallen Empires Tour live at the Smart Araneta Coliseum
- August 10: Tears for Fears live at the Smart Araneta Coliseum
- August 16: Nelly Furtado & Gym Class Heroes live at the Smart Araneta Coliseum
- August 18: Anne Curtis Annebisyosa No Other Concert World Tour live at the University of Southeastern Philippines Gym, Davao City
- September 14: The Wanted live at the NBC Tent, Fort Bonifacio, Taguig City
- September 18: Maroon 5 Live at the Smart Araneta Coliseum
- September 18: Dolphy Alay Tawa: A Musical Tribute to the King of Philippine Comedy live at the Mall of Asia Arena
- September 21: American Idol Live Tour at the Smart Araneta Coliseum
- September 26: The Killers live at the Smart Araneta Coliseum
- September 28: Aiza Seguerra Bente Singko The Anniversary Concert live at the Smart Araneta Coliseum
- October 2: Keane Strangeland Tour live at the Mall of Asia Arena
- October 9: James Morrison The Awakening World Tour live at the Smart Araneta Coliseum
- October 10: David Guetta live at the Mall of Asia Arena
- October 12: Wilson Phillips live at the Mall of Asia Arena
- October 17: America with Kalapana live at the Smart Araneta Coliseum
- October 19: America with Kalapana live at the Waterfront Hotel
- October 19: Jonas Brothers live at the Mall of Asia Arena
- October 21: America with Kalapana live at the University of Baguio
- October 21: Kamikazee live at the Robinsons Place Lipa
- October 24: Big Bang Alive Galaxy Tour live at the Mall of Asia Arena
- October 26: Rachelle Ann Go Rise Against Gravity live at the Music Museum
- October 26: Tanduay Rhum Rock Fest Year 6 live at the SM Mall of Asia Concert Grounds
- November 8: Don Moen live at the Smart Araneta Coliseum
- November 9: Don Moen live at the Bohol Wisdom School Gym Tagbiliran
- November 11: Don Moen live at the FSUU Gym Butuan
- November 16: Regine Velasquez Silver The 25th Anniversary Concert live at the Mall of Asia Arena
- November 26: Jennifer Lopez Dance Again World Tour live at the Mall of Asia Arena
- November 30: Ako Naman!!! Ate Gay sa Arena live at the Mall of Asia Arena
- December 9: Sting Back to Bass Tour live at the Mall of Asia Arena
- December 17: Ely Buendia The Greatest Hits live at the SBCA Gymnasium
- December 18: Pinoy Music Fest '12 live at the Smart Araneta Coliseum
- January 29 - Basketball: The Talk 'N Text Tropang Texters win the 2011–12 PBA Philippine Cup, its fifth PBA championship.
- March 19 - Football: The Philippine Football Team placed third in 2012 AFC Challenge Cup in Nepal.
- May 6 – Basketball: The B-Meg Llamados wins defeating the Talk 'N Text Tropang Texters 84–90 in Overtime to win the 2012 PBA Commissioner's Cup Finals.
- June 10 – Boxing: Manny Pacquiao lost his WBO Welterweight Championship belt to Timothy Bradley.
- June 23 - Motorsport: Filipino-Swiss Marlon Stöckinger won the second race of the 2012 Monaco GP3 Series, becoming the first Filipino to win a formula race in Europe;
- July 27 Multi-Sport Event: – August 12 – The Philippine team participated in the 2012 Summer Olympics in London, United Kingdom. The 11-man team brought home no medals.
- August 5 – Basketball: The Rain or Shine Elasto Painters wins defeating the B-Meg Llamados 83-76 to win the 2012 PBA Governors' Cup Finals.
- August 26 – Basketball: The Philippines men's national basketball team won the championship in the 2012 William Jones Cup for the fourth time.
- August 29 - September 9 - Multi Sport Event: The Philippines competed at the 2012 Summer Paralympics in London, United Kingdom from August 29 to September 9, 2012. The nation had competed as of fifth participation attainment of the games. Philippine Sports Association for the Differently Abled-NPC Philippines fielded 9 athletes to compete in four sports. The 2012 Philippine Paralympic team was the biggest Philippine delegation since the 1988 Paralympics in Seoul, South Korea. Although no medals were won by the 9 athletes, Josephine Medina's performance in table tennis was the best finish for the Philippines, having ranked 4th overall in Paralympic Table Tennis standings.
- September 14–22 – Basketball: The Philippine Basketball Team participated in the 2012 FIBA Asia Cup, held at Ōta, Tokyo, Japan. The team made impressive performance, winning 3 games and losing 1, one in the preliminary round
- September 22 – Cheerleading: The UP Pep Squad won the UAAP Cheerdance Competition. FEU Cheering Squad placed second, while the NU Pep Squad placed third.
- September 25–29 – Football: The Philippines hosted the 2012 Philippine Peace Cup in Manila. The Philippines won first place in the tournament beating Chinese Taipei in the finals.
- October 11 – Basketball: The Ateneo Blue Eagles wins series 2-0 has beaten the UST Growling Tigers, 65-62, to win their fifth straight in UAAP championships.
- October 26 – Basketball: The San Beda Red Lions wins series 2-1 has beaten the Letran Knights, 67-39, to win their third straight in NCAA championships.
- December 8 – Boxing: Manny Pacquiao lost his fourth fight with Juan Manuel Marquez in the sixth round via knockout.
- December 15 - Boxing: Nonito Donaire successfully retained the WBO and The Ring super bantamweight titles against the Mexican Legend Jorge Arce via third round knock out 2:59 into the round. Donaire floored Arce once in the second round, and once in the third round, before the knockout that ended the match.
- Lucho Agoncillo, young endorser and actor, the son of Judy Ann Santos and Ryan Agoncillo.
- Nate Alcasid, young endorser and actor, the son of Regine Velasquez and Ogie Alcasid
- January 26: Iggy Arroyo, former Congressman of Negros Occidental and younger brother of former First Gentleman Mike Arroyo, liver cirrhosis (born 1951)
- January 29: Maan Panganiban, former courtside reporter turn News5 reporter, lymphoma (born 1986)
- February 3: Karlo Maquinto, former flyweight division, comatose/blot clot (born 1990)
- February 18: Linda Estrella, Filipina movie star from Sampaguita Pictures (born 1922)
- February 19: Marvin Reglos, San Beda College law freshman (born 1986)
- February 21: Benjamin Romualdez, Governor of Leyte and younger brother of Imelda Marcos, cancer (born 1930)
- February 29: Horacio Morales, Secretary of Agrarian Reform from 1998 to 2001, heart attack (born 1943)
- March 2: Isagani Yambot, veteran Philippine newsman and publisher of Philippine Daily Inquirer, heart attack (born 1934)
- March 9: Jose Tomas Sanchez, Roman Catholic Prefect Emeritus of the Congregation for the Clergy and Cardinal Priest from the Philippines, multiple organ failure (born 1920)
- March 11: Arnold Vicencio, former Malabon Vice Mayor (born 1971)
- March 13: Karl Roy, singer (Kapatid, P.O.T.), cardiac arrest (born 1968)
- March 13: Bodjie Dasig, singer, cancer (born 1964)
- March 15: Luis Gonzales, Filipino movie star from Sampaguita Pictures, pneumonia (born 1928)
- March 20: Rowell Cruz
- April 5: Angelo Castro, Jr., former ABS-CBN anchor and journalist, cancer (born 1945)
- April 6: Nita Javier, former LVN actress, cancer (born 1932)
- May 20: Lito Balquiedra, Jr., radio personality, heart attack (born 1942)
- June 26: Mario O'Hara, award-winning director, leukemia (born 1944)
- July 8: Buboy Favor, executive producer of various GMA Network shows
- July 10: Dolphy, actor and comedian dubbed the "King of Comedy", chronic obstructive pulmonary disease and multiple organ failure (born 1928)
- July 13: Maita Gomez, Filipina beauty queen and activist, Miss Philippines–World (1967), heart attack (born 1947)
- July 30: Marc Andrei Marcos, San Beda College law freshman (born 1990)
- August 5: Ramon Igaña, Jr., cyclist
- August 18: Jesse Robredo, Department of the Interior and Local Government secretary, plane crash (born 1958)
- August 24: Ike Jarlego, film editor and director (born 1944)
- September 3: Tito Oreta, Malabon City Mayor (born 1938)
- September 5: Eddie Apostol, broadcast journalist, DXND AM Cotabato City (born 1957)
- September 25: Jun Bote Bautista, news broadcaster and journalist (born 1939)
- September 30: Butch Maniego, sportscaster and executive director of the PBA D-League (born 1962)
- October 8: Marilou Diaz-Abaya, multi-awarded film director, breast cancer (born 1955)
- November 6: Julie Ann Rodelas, talent and model of ABS-CBN, murder (born 1992)
- November 10: Geneviere Pascasio, rock musician and frontman of the band Grin Department, colon cancer (born 1970)
- November 26: Pedro Bantigue y Natividad, Filipino Roman Catholic prelate, Bishop of San Pablo (1967–1995), internal bleeding
- November 26: Celso Advento Castillo, Filipino director and actor, cardiac arrest (born 1943)
- December 14: Mohd Noor Fikrie Bin Abud Kahar, Malaysian-born terrorist group member, Jemaah Islamiyah, murder (born 1987)
- December 31: James B. Reuter, American academician in the Philippines, theater writer, director and producer (born 1916)
- People Signing of Declaration of Mindanao Independence
- "Quake kills 52 in Negros Oriental | Inquirer News". Newsinfo.inquirer.net. February 7, 2012. Retrieved 2012-08-08.
- "Incident: Airphil Express A320 at Kalibo on Feb 13th 2012, overran runway". The Aviation Herald. February 16, 2012.
- "Air Philippines flight to Tawi-Tawi aborted due to smoke from engine | Inquirer News". Newsinfo.inquirer.net. 2012-04-23. Retrieved 2013-08-24.
- "Death Toll Mounts To 53 As Philippines Reels Under Floods". Rttnews.com. Retrieved 2012-08-08.
- "More than one million people battle Luzon floods | GMA News Online | The Go-To Site for Filipinos Everywhere". Gmanetwork.com. Retrieved 2012-08-08.
- "Philippine flood deaths climb to 60 – Yahoo! News Philippines". Ph.news.yahoo.com. April 20, 2011. Retrieved 2012-08-10.
- Philstar – Mon, August 13, 2012 (April 20, 2011). "Disease alert on as flood deaths hit 89 – Yahoo! News Philippines". Ph.news.yahoo.com. Retrieved 2012-08-16.
- "Typhoon brings flashfloods, landslides to Philippines – Yahoo! News". News.yahoo.com. Retrieved 2012-08-21.
- "Cybercrime bill signed into law by Aquino – Newsbytes.ph | Infotech News". InterAksyon.com. Retrieved 2012-10-04.
- "Quakes jolt Davao, Mindoro provinces » Nation » News | Philippine News". philstar.com. Retrieved 2012-10-04.
- Speech of President Benigno Aquino III during the signing of the Framework Agreement on the Bangsamoro
- "Govt, MILF agree to create ‘Bangsamoro’ to replace ARMM | News | GMA News Online | The Go-To Site for Filipinos Everywhere". Gmanetwork.com. 2012-10-07. Retrieved 2012-10-26.
- "Philippines gets 2nd saint: teen martyr Calungsod | Inquirer Global Nation". Globalnation.inquirer.net. Retrieved 2012-10-21.
- [dead link]
- "7 killed in Philippines bus accident". Xinhua.
- "Annuncio di Concistoro per la Creazione di Sei Nuovi Cardinali" (in Italian). Holy See Press Office. October 24, 2012.
- "Tagle: fede e dialogo interreligioso in Estremo Oriente – Vatican Insider". Vaticaninsider.lastampa.it. October 25, 2012. Retrieved 2012-12-06.
- "BBC News – Philippine Typhoon Bopha death toll passes 300". Bbc.co.uk. Retrieved 2012-12-06.
- By Erik de Castro, REUTERS. "Elderly survivor found after Typhoon Pablo kills 332 | News | GMA News Online | The Go-To Site for Filipinos Everywhere". Gmanetwork.com. Retrieved 2012-12-06.
- "Typhoon Pablo leaves 540 dead, 827 missing | Breaking News, Other Sections, Home". philstar.com. Retrieved 2012-12-09.
- Pinoys ready for Paralympics Philippine Sports Central, News Flash Retrieved 08/23/12
- PWD athletes largest Ph delegation to London Paralympics Sports Central Retrieved 07/26/12
- Giongco, Mark (December 16, 2012). "Donaire KOs Arce in 3rd round". Philippine Daily Inquirer. Retrieved February 20, 2013.