2013–14 UAE Pro-League
|AFC Champions League||Al-Ahli|
|Gulf Champions League||Al-Nasr|
|Goals scored||571 (3.14 per match)|
|Top goalscorer||Asamoah Gyan (29)|
The 2013–14 UAE Pro-League, known as the Arabian Gulf League for sponsorship reasons, is the 39th top-level football season in the United Arab Emirates, and the sixth professional season. Fourteen teams participate, once again with Al Ain as the defending champions after winning the previous two seasons.
The league was previously known as the Pro League. Starting from the 2013–14 season the name was changed to UAE Arabian Gulf League. The name change has been viewed as a revival of the Persian Gulf naming dispute with Iran accusing the United Arab Emirates of racism, and the Football Federation of the Islamic Republic of Iran barring the transfer of Javad Nekounam to a UAE club.
Stadia and locations
|Ajman||Ajman||Abdul Wahab Abdul Qader||Ajman Stadium||10,000|
|Al Ahli||Dubai||Cosmin Olăroiu||Rashed Stadium||18,000|
|Al Ain||Al Ain||Quique Flores||Tahnoun Bin Mohamed Stadium
Hazza Bin Zayed Stadium
|Al Dhafra||Madinat Zayed||Abdullah Ahmed Mesfer||Hamdan bin Zayed Al Nahyan Stadium||12,000|
|Al Jazira||Abu Dhabi||Walter Zenga||Al Jazira Mohammed Bin Zayed Stadium||42,056|
|Al Nasr||Dubai||Ivan Jovanovic||Al-Maktoum Stadium||12,000|
|Al Shaab Sharjah||Sharjah||Zeljko Petrovic||Khalid Bin Mohammed Stadium||10,000|
|Al Shabab||Dubai||Marcos Paqueta||Maktoum Bin Rashid Al Maktoum Stadium||12,000|
|Al Sharjah||Sharjah||Paulo Bonamigo||Sharjah Stadium||18,000|
|Al Wahda||Abu Dhabi||Jose Peseiro||Al-Nahyan Stadium||12,000|
|Al Wasl||Dubai||Hector Cuper||Zabeel Stadium||12,000|
|Bani Yas||Abu Dhabi||Adnan Hamad||Bani Yas Stadium||9,570|
|Dubai||Dubai||Umberto Barberis||Police Officers Club Stadium||6,500|
|Emirates||Ras al-Khaimah||Paulo Comelli||Emirates Club Stadium||5,000|
Managerial changes during the 2013-14 campaign.
The number of foreign players is restricted to four per AGL team.
^1 Foreign players who left their clubs after first half of the season;
^2 Injury Replacement Players;
|Pos||Team||Pld||W||D||L||GF||GA||GD||Pts||Qualification or relegation|
|1||Al-Ahli (C)||26||20||4||2||55||28||+27||64||2015 AFC Champions League Group stage[a]|
|2||Al-Wahda||26||13||9||4||53||33||+20||48||2015 AFC Champions League Third qualifying round|
|4||Al Shabab||26||13||5||8||42||28||+14||44||2015 GCC Champions League Group Stage|
|6||Al Ain||26||12||7||7||52||33||+19||43||2015 AFC Champions League Group stage[a]|
|13||Dubai Club (R)||26||3||6||17||24||63||−39||15||Relegation to UAE Division 1 Group A|
Rules for classification: 1) points; 2) goal difference; 3) number of goals scored.
(C) Champion; (R) Relegated.
- Al Ain qualified through winning the Presidents Cup.
|Home \ Away||AJM||ALI||AIN||DHA||JAZ||NAS||SHB||SHA||SHR||WAH||WAS||YAS||DUB||EMI|
Colours: Blue = home team win; Yellow = draw; Red = away team win.
- "New season to kick off on 30th August with Super Cup Final". Pro League Committee. 26 May 2013. Retrieved 21 June 2013.
- "New League name announced by H.E. Mohammed Thani Murshed Al Romaithi". Pro League Committee. 26 May 2013. Retrieved 26 May 2013.
- James M. Dorsey (13 September 2011). "MIDEAST - Gulf rivalry between Iran, UAE transferred to the football pitch". Hurriyetdailynews.com. Retrieved 23 September 2013.
- Category: Asia (29 May 2013). "Iran accuses UAE of racism in renaming Pro League to the Arabian Gulf League". Inside World Football. Retrieved 23 September 2013.
- persiangulfstudies.com. "Persian Gulf Studies Center". Persian Gulf Studies Center. Retrieved 23 September 2013.
- "Iran bars captain's UAE transfer over Gulf name". Fox News. Retrieved 23 September 2013.
- "Ajman coach Abdul Qader: Shock Etisalat Cup final win is just step 1".
- John McAuley (21 June 2013). "Arabian Gulf League: Al Nasr give Ivan Jovanovic carte blanche". The National. Abu Dhabi Media. Retrieved 23 June 2013.
- "Paulo Bonamigo's rebuilding job at Sharjah starts with Ze Carlos". The National. The National. 24 June 2013. Retrieved 24 June 2013.[permanent dead link]
- "Quique Sanchez Flores wants Al Ain to be inspired at Hazza bin Zayed Stadium". The National. 23 January 2014. Retrieved 23 January 2014.
- "Pro League: Wahda announce Czech as new coach as Hickersbergers sees out draw with Jazira". The National. 26 May 2013. Retrieved 26 May 2013.
- "Quique Flores leaves Al Ahli". Pro League. 26 May 2013. Retrieved 26 May 2013.
- "Do not judge me, says Olaroiu after switch over from Al Ain to Al Ahli". The National. 15 July 2013. Retrieved 15 July 2013.
- "Walter Zenga leaves Al Nasr by mutual consent". Pro League. 26 May 2013. Retrieved 26 May 2013.
- "Al Nasr reach tentative agreement with new coach Ivan Jovanovic". Pro League. 26 May 2013. Retrieved 26 May 2013.
- "Arabian Gulf League: Walter Zenga has a view to stick around". The National. 17 June 2013. Retrieved 17 June 2013.
- "Arabian Gulf League: Jorge da Silva to bring winning ways to Baniyas". The National. 19 June 2013. Retrieved 20 June 2013.
- "Swiss coach Martin Rueda takes over the helm at Dubai club". The National. Abu Dhabi Media. 4 July 2013. Retrieved 4 July 2013.
- John McAuley (28 May 2013). "Pro League: Al Wasl unveil Laurent Banide as their new manager". The National. Abu Dhabi Media. Retrieved 21 June 2013.
- "Fossati Al Ain Manager Officially". The National. 25 July 2013. Retrieved 25 July 2013.
- "Al Ain dismiss Fossati". Pro League Committee. 14 September 2013. Retrieved 14 September 2013.
- "Laurent Banide dismissed as Al Wasl coach". UAE National Newspaper. 21 October 2013. Retrieved 21 October 2013.
- "Walter Zenga replaces Milla at Al Jazira". UAE National Newspaper. 25 October 2013. Retrieved 25 October 2013.
- "Dubai part ways with coach Martin Reuda". UAE National Newspaper. 4 November 2013. Archived from the original on 5 November 2013. Retrieved 4 November 2013.
- "Karel Jarolim sacked as Al Wahda coach". The National. 9 November 2013. Retrieved 9 November 2013.
- "Former Braga coach Jose Peseiro is Al Wahda's man". The National. 10 November 2013. Retrieved 10 November 2013.
- "New coach Paulo Comelli intent on proving he is no 'tourist'". The National. 9 December 2013. Retrieved 9 December 2013.
- "Emirates unveil new Head Coach Paulo Comelli". Pro League Committee. 9 December 2013. Retrieved 9 December 2013.
- "Shaab coach sacked in seventh casualty of Arabian Gulf League this season". The National. 13 December 2013. Retrieved 13 December 2013.
- "Al Shaab turn to Zeljko Petrovic to save Arabian Gulf League campaign". The National. 23 December 2013. Retrieved 23 December 2013.