2013 All-Australian team
The 2013 All-Australian team represents the best performed Australian Football League (AFL) players in the 2013 season. It was announced on Monday, 16 September 2013, as a complete Australian rules football team of 22 players, with Geelong's Joel Selwood named captain and Gold Coast's Gary Ablett named the vice-captain. The team is honorary and does not actually play any games.
The chosen team was announced on 16 September 2013.
|2013 All-Australian team|
|B:||Corey Enright (Geelong)||Scott Thompson (North Melbourne)||Michael Johnson (Fremantle)|
|HB:||Jarrad McVeigh (Sydney)||Harry Taylor (Geelong)||Sam Mitchell (Hawthorn)|
|C:||Ryan Griffen (Western Bulldogs)||Joel Selwood (Geelong) (Captain)||Scott Pendlebury (Collingwood)|
|HF:||Patrick Dangerfield (Adelaide)||Travis Cloke (Collingwood)||Kieren Jack (Sydney)|
|F:||Jarryd Roughead (Hawthorn)||Jeremy Cameron (Greater Western Sydney)||Chad Wingard (Port Adelaide)|
|Foll:||Will Minson (Western Bulldogs)||Dane Swan (Collingwood)||Gary Ablett (Gold Coast) (Vice-captain)|
|Int:||Travis Boak (Port Adelaide)||Dan Hannebery (Sydney)||Jobe Watson (Essendon)|
|Andrew Mackie (Geelong)|
Note: the position of coach in the All-Australian team is traditionally awarded to the coach of the premiership team.
At the conclusion of the 2013 AFL home and away season, a provisional squad of 40 players was chosen. The most controversial omissions were Tom Liberatore, who lead the league for clearances, Steve Johnson and Pearce Hanley, as well as no selections from finalists Richmond or Carlton. 25 players in the squad have not previously been selected in an All-Australian team.
- Adelaide: Patrick Dangerfield, Richard Douglas.
- Brisbane Lions: Nil.
- Carlton: Nil.
- Collingwood: Travis Cloke, Scott Pendlebury, Dane Swan.
- Essendon: Jobe Watson.
- Fremantle: Nathan Fyfe, Michael Johnson, Chris Mayne, David Mundy, Michael Walters.
- Geelong: Corey Enright, Andrew Mackie, Steven Motlop, Joel Selwood, Harry Taylor.
- Gold Coast: Gary Ablett
- Greater Western Sydney: Jeremy Cameron.
- Hawthorn: Lance Franklin, Josh Gibson, Luke Hodge, Sam Mitchell, Jarryd Roughead.
- Melbourne: Nil.
- North Melbourne: Todd Goldstein, Lindsay Thomas, Scott Thompson, Daniel Wells.
- Port Adelaide: Travis Boak, Chad Wingard
- Richmond: Nil.
- St Kilda: Nick Riewoldt, Jack Steven.
- Sydney: Dan Hannebery, Kieren Jack, Josh Kennedy, Jarrad McVeigh, Nick Malceski.
- West Coast: Josh Kennedy, Eric Mackenzie.
- Western Bulldogs: Ryan Griffen, Will Minson.
- Pierik, Jon; Murnane, Matt (4 September 2013). "Tigers, Blues miss All-Australian nod". The Age. Melbourne.
- Baker, Grant; Paton, Al (3 September 2013). "Plenty of Cats, Hawks, Swans and Dockers but no Richmond or Carlton players in 2013 All-Australian squad". Herald Sun.
|This Australian rules football-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|