2013 American Le Mans Monterey
The 2013 American Le Mans Series Monterey was an auto racing event held at Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca, near Monterey, California on May 9–11, 2013. The four-hour race was the third round of the 2013 American Le Mans Series season. Germans Klaus Graf and Lucas Luhr defended their 2012 Monterey win with overall victory for Muscle Milk Pickett Racing, while Luhr became the winningest driver in American Le Mans Series history. Scott Tucker and Marino Franchitti took P2 honors for Level 5 Motorsports, while Mike Gausch and Luis Díaz won the PC category. Corvette Racing's Jan Magnussen and Antonio García led GT and Henrique Cisneros, Jr. and Nick Tandy won in GTC.
|1||P1||#12 Rebellion Racing||Neel Jani||1:13.429||1|
|2||P1||#16 Dyson Racing Team||Guy Smith||1:13.806||2|
|3||P1||#6 Muscle Milk Pickett Racing||Klaus Graf||1:13.954||3|
|4||P2||#551 Level 5 Motorsports||Marino Franchitti||1:16.642||4|
|5||P2||#552 Level 5 Motorsports||Ryan Briscoe||1:17.002||5|
|6||PC||#05 CORE Autosport||Colin Braun||1:18.382||6|
|7||P2||#02 Extreme Speed Motorsports||Johannes van Overbeek||1:18.591||7|
|8||PC||#81 DragonSpeed Mishumotors||Renger van der Zande||1:18.685||8|
|9||P2||#01 Extreme Speed Motorsports||Guy Cosmo||1:18.880||9|
|10||PC||#9 RSR Racing||Bruno Junqueira||1:19.076||10|
|11||PC||#51 PR1/Mathiasen Motorsports||Luis Díaz||1:19.302||11|
|12||PC||#8 BAR1 Motorsports||Kyle Marcelli||1:19.436||12|
|13||PC||#18 Performance Tech Motorsports||Tristan Nunez||1:19.757||13|
|14||PC||#7 BAR1 Motorsports||Rusty Mitchell||1:19.762||14|
|15||P1||#0 DeltaWing Racing Cars||Katherine Legge||1:22.078||341|
|16||GT||#62 Risi Competizione||Matteo Malucelli||1:22.732||15|
|17||GT||#17 Team Falken Tire||Bryan Sellers||1:22.908||16|
|18||GT||#4 Corvette Racing||Oliver Gavin||1:22.924||17|
|19||GT||#55 BMW Team RLL||Maxime Martin||1:22.990||18|
|20||GT||#3 Corvette Racing||Antonio García||1:23.042||19|
|21||GT||#23 Team West/AJR/Boardwalk Ferrari||Townsend Bell||1:23.217||20|
|22||GT||#56 BMW Team RLL||Dirk Müller||1:23.406||21|
|23||GT||#91 SRT Motorsports||Marc Goossens||1:23.615||22|
|24||GT||#48 Paul Miller Racing||Bryce Miller||1:23.743||23|
|25||GT||#93 SRT Motorsports||Kuno Wittmer||1:24.031||24|
|26||GTC||#22 Alex Job Racing||Jeroen Bleekemolen||1:27.296||25|
|27||GTC||#30 NGT Motorsports||Nick Tandy||1:27.407||26|
|28||GTC||#27 Dempsey Del Piero Racing||Andy Lally||1:27.495||27|
|29||GTC||#45 Flying Lizard Motorsports||Spencer Pumpelly||1:27.628||28|
|30||GTC||#11 JDX Racing||Jan Heylen||1:28.272||29|
|31||GTC||#44 Flying Lizard Motorsports||Dion von Moltke||1:28.424||30|
|32||GTC||#10 Dempsey Del Piero Racing||Andrew Davis||1:28.741||31|
|33||GTC||#66 TRG||Ben Keating||1:29.545||351|
|34||GTC||#99 Competition Motorsports||Cort Wagner||1:29.604||32|
|35||GTC||#68 TRG||Andrew Novich||1:30.151||33|
|–||GT||#06 CORE Autosport||Patrick Long||No Time2||36|
- ^1 - The #0 DeltaWing and #66 Porsche were moved to the back of the grid for not using their elected driver during qualifying.
- ^2 - The #06 Porsche had its qualifying times disallowed after the car failed post-qualifying technical inspection.
Class winners in bold. Cars failing to complete 70% of their class winner's distance are marked as Not Classified (NC).
- ^3 - The #17 Porsche failed post-race technical inspection, forfeiting all championship points but still maintaining its finishing position in the race.
- Dagys, John (11 May 2013). "ALMS: Muscle Milk Breaks Through At Monterey". SpeedTV.com. Speed Channel. Retrieved 18 May 2013.
- "Unofficial Qualifying Report" (PDF). International Motor Sports Association. 11 May 2013. Retrieved 18 May 2013.
- "Official Grid" (PDF). International Motor Sports Association. 11 May 2013. Retrieved 18 May 2013.
- "Provisional Race Report" (PDF). International Motor Sports Association. 11 May 2013. Retrieved 18 May 2013.
|American Le Mans Series|
American Le Mans Series at Long Beach
|2013 season||Next race:
Northeast Grand Prix