2013 British Formula 3 International Series
|2013 British Formula 3 International Series|
The 2013 Cooper Tires British Formula 3 International Series season was the 63rd British Formula Three Championship season. The series, promoted by the Stéphane Ratel Organisation, began on 25 May at Silverstone and ended on 22 September at the Nürburgring after twelve races to be held at four meetings. The championship was won by Jordan King.
After all races awarded equal championship points during the 2012 season, the 2013 season saw the re-introduction of fewer points awarded to drivers in the second race. The first and third races awarded points using the same system as used in Formula One – with twenty-five points for the winner, down to one point for tenth place – with the reverse-grid race offering twelve points for the winner down to half a point for tenth place.
A five-race "mini-series" for older-specification Formula Three cars was also scheduled to be introduced for the 2013 season, after only two drivers competed in a full-season campaign in the Rookie class, in 2012. However, with the championship realignment in January 2013, older-specification cars were able to compete at every meeting.
Drivers and teams
|Carlin||Dallara F312||Volkswagen||1||Nicholas Latifi||All|
|31||Zhi Cong Li||3|
|Fortec Motorsport||Dallara F312||Mercedes HWA||3||William Buller||All|
|24||Alfonso Celis Jr.||4|
|Double R Racing||Dallara F312||Mercedes HWA||7||Sean Gelael||All|
|Threebond with T-Sport||Dallara F312||ThreeBond Nissan||15||Spike Goddard||4|
|Team West-Tec F3||Dallara F312||Toyota||50||Roberto La Rocca||1|
|81||Ed Jones||1, 3|
|Dallara F308||56||William Barbosa||4|
|66||Cameron Twynham||1, 3|
|CF Racing||Dallara F311||Mugen-Honda||87||Sun Zheng||All|
|National B Class|
|Mark Bailey Racing||Dallara F306||Toyota||82||Alice Powell||1|
|Performance Racing Europe||Dallara F310-003||Volkswagen||51||John Bryant-Meisner||1|
- Sun Zheng will join CF Racing for 2013 after competed China Touring Car Championship and Audi R8 LMS Cup in 2012 season.
Race calendar and results
A provisional ten-round calendar was announced on 28 July 2012. This was later revised down to nine rounds – with series organisers SRO open to the addition of a tenth meeting – on 18 December 2012. In January 2013, SRO reduced the calendar yet further, to just four triple-header meetings; two events in the United Kingdom and two overseas, in Belgium and Germany.
- Fastest lap recorded by John Bryant-Meisner, but he was ineligible to score the fastest lap point.
- "Four key dates in revised Cooper Tires British F3 International Series for 2013". British Formula 3 Championship. Stéphane Ratel Organisation. 28 January 2013. Archived from the original on 23 September 2013. Retrieved 28 January 2013.
- "British F3 reveals strong calendar and fresh plans for 2013". British Formula 3 Championship. Stéphane Ratel Organisation. 18 December 2012. Archived from the original on 23 September 2013. Retrieved 18 December 2012.
- "News--KRC（Kang's Racing Company）" (in Chinese). Archived from the original on 8 May 2013. Retrieved 8 May 2013.
- Carter, Nick (28 July 2012). "Superb dates and circuits for British F3 in 2013". British Formula 3 Championship. Stéphane Ratel Organisation. Archived from the original on 16 January 2013. Retrieved 28 July 2012.