Girls' Generation World Tour Girls & Peace
|World tour by Girls' Generation|
Promotional image for the Girls' Generation World Tour Girls & Peace'
|Associated album||Girls & Peace
I Got A Boy
|Start date||February 9, 2013|
|End date||February 15, 2014|
|No. of shows||2 in South Korea
2 in Taiwan
1 in Indonesia
1 in Singapore
2 in Hong Kong
1 in Thailand
1 in Macau
10 in total
|Girls' Generation concert chronology|
Girls' Generation World Tour "Girls & Peace" is the fifth concert tour by South Korean girl group Girls' Generation. The tour was officially announced in April 2013 after the last 2 days of "2nd Japan Tour" with two dates in South Korea and plans for future dates across the globe. Although initially announced as a "world" tour, the group only visited seven cities in six countries across East Asia and Southeast Asia. They released a DVD of Seoul concert, 'Girls' Generation - World Tour: Girls & Peace in Seoul' on March 30, 2015.
The tour was officially announced by their company S.M. Entertainment on April 26, 2013, with two dates in Seoul at the Olympic Park. The tour is the first world tour by Girls' Generation after having toured Asia five times before and just a week after completing their second Japanese tour, Girls & Peace: 2nd Japan Tour.
The South Korean dates are the first time the group has performed solo in South Korea in two years following their concerts on the 2011 Girls' Generation Tour in July 2011. Tickets for the Seoul concert were sold through G-Market on May 9. Plans for a fan tour and tickets to the Seoul concerts exclusively for overseas fans were announced at the same time through SM Entertainment's Culture & Content website. On June 5, concerts in Taiwan were announced through the Taipei Arena website, for July 20 and 21, 2013.
At the tour press conference on June 8, it was announced the girls would be heading to the United States and South America following the group's concert in Taipei in July. However, this never came to fruition.
On June 22, 2013, the group announced at the 2013 Asia Style Collection held in Singapore that they would return to the city in October on the tour.
On August 2, 2013, Dyandra Entertainment, a promoter in Indonesia announced the Indonesian concert through their Twitter account. The Indonesian concert was held on September 14, 2013 at Mata Elang International Stadium, Ancol, North Jakarta. This was the first solo concert for Girls' Generation in Indonesia.
On August 15, 2013, Managing Director of Running Into The Sun, Beatrice Chia-Richmond announced that the concert in Singapore will be held on October 12, 2013.
On November 1, 2013, SM True Facebook official fanpage, a promoter of S.M. Entertainment in Thailand announced that the concert in Thailand will be held on January 11, 2014 at Impact, Muang Thong Thani.
On February 15, 2014 during the group's first concert in Macau, Taeyeon announced that the show would be the last stop of the tour but that their next world tour would be starting soon. Sooyoung then added that following their third Japan arena tour which would be starting soon, a new tour would commence to promote their new mini album Mr.Mr..
|Date||City||Country||Venue||Tickets sold/available||Gross Revenue|
|June 8, 2013||Seoul||South Korea||Olympic Gymnastics Arena||26,118 (100%)||$2,792,704|
|June 9, 2013|
|July 20, 2013||Taipei||Taiwan||Taipei Arena||22,864 (100%)||$2,629,865|
|July 21, 2013|
|September 14, 2013||Jakarta||Indonesia||Mata Elang International Stadium||12,798 (100%)||$1,511,662|
|October 12, 2013||Singapore||Singapore Indoor Stadium||10,677 (100%)||$1,297,342|
|November 9, 2013||Hong Kong||China||AsiaWorld Arena||27,828 (100%)||$3,471,938|
|November 10, 2013|
|January 11, 2014||Bangkok||Thailand||Impact Arena||14,223 (100%)||$1,701,537|
|February 15, 2014||Macau||China||Cotai Arena||13,108 (100%)||$1,702,618|
|Estimated Total||127,616 (100%)||$14,997,998|
|September 22, 2013||Indonesia||Indosiar||Girls & Peace World Tour in Indonesia|
- Artist: Taeyeon, Jessica, Sunny, Tiffany, Hyoyeon, Yuri, Sooyoung, Yoona, Seohyun
- Tour organizer: S.M. Entertainment
- Tour promoter: Dream Maker Entercom (South Korea), Super Dome (Taiwan), Dyandra Entertainment & 7Kings Entertainment (Indonesia), Running Into The Sun (Singapore), Media Asia Entertainment Limited & East Asia Entertainment Limited (China), SM True (Thailand)
- Tour guest performers : Tasty (Hong Kong, Macau)
- Kil, Hye Sung (4 June 2013). "Girl's Generation hold their first solo world tour". Star News. Retrieved 13 June 2013.
- 소녀시대, 드디어 월드투어 나선다. 6월 8, 9일에는 서울서 2년 만에 단독 콘서트 (in Korean). sports.chosun.com. April 26, 2013. Retrieved April 26, 2013.
- 소녀시대, 6월 월드투어 돌입…서울서 시작 (in Korean). news.nate.com. April 26, 2013. Retrieved April 26, 2013.
- 소녀시대, 드디어 '월드 투어' 나선다…다음 달 9일 '티켓 오픈' (in Korean). news.nate.com. April 26, 2013. Retrieved April 26, 2013.
- "【 2013 Girls' Generation World Tour "Girls & Peace" in Taipei 】- 售票公告" (in Chinese). superdome.com.tw. June 5, 2013. Archived from the original on June 9, 2013. Retrieved June 5, 2013.
- "Girls Generation Kick Off Their 'Girls & Peace' World Tour in Seoul". kpopconcerts.com. June 9, 2013. Retrieved June 9, 2013.
- SNSD will be back in Singapore for their 2013 Girls' Generation World Tour concert in October!. http://video.xin.msn.com. June 24, 2013. Retrieved June 26, 2013. External link in
- "Confirmed! Certainly SNSD concert in Jakarta 14 September". detikcom. 2 August 2013. Retrieved 2 August 2013.
- "Girls' Generation to rock Singapore on October 12". xinmsn. 15 August 2013. Retrieved 15 August 2013.
- "GIRLS 'GENERATION World Tour-Girls & Peace-in Bangkok" on Saturday, January 11, 2014". 1 November 2013. Retrieved 1 November 2013.