2013 Laurence Olivier Awards
|2013 Laurence Olivier Awards|
|Date||28 April 2013|
|Location||Royal Opera House|
|Hosted by||Hugh Bonneville|
The 2013 Laurence Olivier Awards were held on Sunday 28 April 2013 at the Royal Opera House, London. The awards were sponsored by MasterCard for the third consecutive year and presented by Hugh Bonneville and Sheridan Smith, with music from the BBC Concert Orchestra. Live coverage of the awards was provided by BBC Radio 2, presented by Ken Bruce and for the first time in over a decade, the awards were televised, with a highlights programme on ITV1.
Winners and nominees
The nominations were announced on 26 March 2013 in 24 categories.
- Michael Ball, performing "Love Changes Everything" from Aspects of Love
- Tade Biesinger, performing "Electricity" from the musical Billy Elliot
- Petula Clarke, performing "With One Look" from the musical Sunset Boulevard
- Heather Headley, performing "I Will Always Love You" from the musical The Bodyguard
- Idina Menzel, performing "That's How I Say Goodbye" and "Don't Rain on My Parade"
- Tim Minchin, performing "My House" from Matilda the Musical (not televised)
- Matthew Morrison, performing a medley from West Side Story
- Sheridan Smith, performing "Diamonds Are a Girl's Best Friend"
- Cast of Top Hat
- Cast of Cabaret
- Cast of A Chorus Line
- Cast of the UK tour of Cats
Productions with multiple nominations and awards
The following 18 productions, including three operas, received multiple nominations:
- 8: The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time
- 7: Top Hat
- 6: Sweeney Todd
- 5: The Audience and Kiss Me, Kate
- 4: The Bodyguard, Constellations and Twelfth Night
- 3: Cabaret
- 2: Apollo/Aeternum/24 Preludes, Billy Budd, A Chorus Line, The Effect, Long Day's Journey into Night, Macbeth, The Master and Margarita, Old Times and This House
The following five productions received multiple awards:
- 7: The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time
- 3: Sweeney Todd and Top Hat
- 2: Apollo/Aeternum/24 Preludes and The Audience