2013 Mahabubnagar bus accident
|Mahabubnagar bus accident|
Location of Andhra Pradesh in India
|Date||30 October 2013|
|Location||NH 7, Mahabubnagar District, Andhra Pradesh|
The 2013 Mahabubnagar bus accident occurred on 30 October when a private Volvo bus on the way from Bangalore to Hyderabad caught fire after hitting a culvert while overtaking a car, killing 45 people and injuring another 7. The accident took place at Palem village, Mahbubnagar district, then in Indian state of Andhra Pradesh (but after 2014/06/02 in Telangana) at 5.30 AM.
The bus, which belonged to a local tour operator Jabbar Travels left Bangalore at 11 pm on October 29, with 49 passengers on board. The accident happened when the bus driver tried to overtake a car but hit a culvert and damaged its diesel tank in the process leading to the fire. However the bus driver, cleaner and five other passengers managed to escape the bus.
- "45 charred in Bangalore-Hyderabad bus fire". HYDERABAD: The New Indian Express. Express News Service. 2013-10-31. Retrieved 2013-10-31.
- "Bus accident in India killed 44 people". CNN IBN. 30 October 2013. Retrieved 30 October 2013.
- "At least 44 people die in bus crash". NDTV. 30 October 2013. Retrieved 30 October 2013.
- "40 feared killed as bus hits oil tanker, catches fire in Andhra Pradesh". The Times of India. Retrieved 30 October 2013.
- "Andhra Pradesh bus tragedy: Bus hits oil tanker in Mahabubnagar, 40 charred to death". India Today. Retrieved 30 October 2013.
- "42 die in India bus accident". BBC News. 30 October 2013. Retrieved 30 October 2013.
- "Hyderabad bound Bus catches Fire at Mahabubnagar killing 40". Retrieved 30 October 2013.