2013 Renault Clio Cup United Kingdom season
|2013 Renault UK Clio Cup season|
|2013 ToCA Support series:
2013 British Formula Ford Championship
2013 Ginetta Junior Championship
2013 Ginetta GT Supercup
2013 Porsche Carrera Cup GB
The 2013 Renault UK Clio Cup is a multi-event, one make motor racing championship held across England. The championship features a mix of professional motor racing teams and privately funded drivers, competing in a Clio Renault Sport 200 that conform to the technical regulations for the championship. 2013 will be the final season for the current car. It forms part of the extensive program of support categories built up around the BTCC centrepiece.
This season will be the 18th Renault Clio Cup United Kingdom season. The season will commence on 31 March at Brands Hatch – on the circuit's Indy configuration – and will conclude on 13 October at the same venue, utilising the Grand Prix circuit, after sixteen races to be held at eight meetings, all in support of the 2013 British Touring Car Championship.
After a single year with the SRO as series promoter in 2012, the championship is returning to the hands of the British Automobile Racing Club with Simon North making a return to the role of Championship Manager. A post he held between 1992 and 2011. Further changes include a switch to Dunlop Tyres for the 2013 season, after several years using Michelin rubber.
Teams and drivers
Race calendar and results
The championship calendar was announced by the series organisers on 7 December 2012.
|Round||Circuit||Date||Pole position||Fastest lap||Winning driver||Winning team|
(Indy Circuit, Kent)
|31 March||Mike Bushell||Josh Files||James Colburn||Westbourne Motorsport|
|R2||James Colburn||Josh Files||Alex Morgan||Team Pyro|
(National Circuit, Leicestershire)
|20 April||Paul Rivett||Josh Files||Paul Rivett||Stancombe Vehicle Engineering|
|R4||21 April||Josh Files||Paul Rivett||Paul Rivett||Stancombe Vehicle Engineering|
|4 May||Lee Pattison||Paul Rivett||Lee Pattison||JHR|
|R6||5 May||Stefan Hodgetts||Josh Cook||Stefan Hodgetts||Scuderia Vittoria|
(Island Circuit, Cheshire)
|8 June||Paul Rivett||Stefan Hodgetts||Paul Rivett||Stancombe Vehicle Engineering|
|R8||9 June||Paul Rivett||Josh Files||Stefan Hodgetts||Scuderia Vittoria|
|22 June||Josh Files||Josh Files||Josh Files||Team Pyro|
|R10||23 June||Josh Files||Mike Bushell||Stefan Hodgetts||Scuderia Vittoria|
|6||R11||Snetterton Motor Racing Circuit
(300 Circuit, Norfolk)
|3 August||Josh Files||Josh Files||Paul Rivett||Stancombe Vehicle Engineering|
|R12||4 August||Josh Files||Josh Files||Josh Files||Team Pyro|
|7||R13||Rockingham Motor Speedway
(International Super Sports Car Circuit, Northamptonshire)
|14 September||Stefan Hodgetts||Josh Files||Stefan Hodgetts||Scuderia Vittoria|
|R14||15 September||Stefan Hodgetts||Josh Files||Ant Whorton-Eales||Scuderia Vittoria|
(Grand Prix Circuit, Kent)
|12 October||James Colburn||Josh Cook||James Colburn||Westbourne Motorsport|
|R16||13 October||James Colburn||Josh Cook||Josh Cook||JHR|
(*) Drivers drop lowest race result (excluding DSQ)
- "British Automobile Racing Club takes helm of Renault UK Clio Cup". Renault Sport UK. Renault Sport. 7 December 2012. Retrieved 8 December 2012.
- Ashby, Chris (18 February 2013). "Five Car Attack For Pyro". BTCC Crazy. James Mappin. Retrieved 18 February 2013.
- Paice, Simon (18 March 2013). "Colburn Leads Four-Car Westbourne Attack". The Checkered Flag. BlackEagleMedia Network. Retrieved 19 March 2013.
- Ashby, Chris (28 February 2013). "Bushell Back With Westbourne". BTCC Crazy. James Mappin. Retrieved 28 February 2013.
- Ashby, Chris (2 March 2013). "Mizzi Mixing It In Clios". BTCC Crazy. James Mappin. Retrieved 2 March 2013.
- "Clio Cup newcomers Wakefield & Modell confirmed at Scuderia Vittoria". Renault Sport UK. Renault Sport. 29 January 2013. Retrieved 9 February 2013.
- Paice, Simon (19 December 2012). "Clio and Ginetta stars given KX Academy backing". The Checkered Flag. BlackEagleMedia Network. Retrieved 20 December 2012.
- Paice, Simon (11 February 2013). "Scuderia Vittoria trio return for 2013 Clio Cup". The Checkered Flag. BlackEagleMedia Network. Retrieved 11 February 2013.
- Paice, Simon (3 January 2013). "Belcher confirms second season in clios". The Checkered Flag. BlackEagleMedia Network. Retrieved 3 January 2013.
- Paice, Simon (18 January 2013). "Cook joins returning JHR for 2013 Clio Cup". The Checkered Flag. BlackEagleMedia Network. Retrieved 18 January 2013.
- Paice, Simon (8 February 2013). "Clio Cup return for Williamson". The Checkered Flag. BlackEagleMedia Network. Retrieved 8 February 2013.
- Smith, Rob (22 February 2013). "Clio Cup Racer Smith Officially Confirms Second Season with TCR". Rob Smith Motorsport. Rob Smith Motorsport. Retrieved 22 February 2013.
- "Girling gears up for BTCC bow". British Touring Car Championship. TOCA. 18 March 2013. Retrieved 19 March 2013.
The thought of moving into BTCC is extremely exciting for us, we ran Jake in the Clios last year and will continue to do so this year, which adds even more to the challenge.