2013 United States motorcycle Grand Prix
|Race 9 of 18 races in the|
2013 Grand Prix motorcycle racing season
|Date||21 July 2013|
|Official name||Red Bull U.S. Grand Prix|
|Location||Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca|
The 2013 United States motorcycle Grand Prix was the ninth round of the 2013 Grand Prix motorcycle racing season, and the second of three races in the 2013 season to take place in the United States of America. It was held on 21 July at the Laguna Seca Raceway in Monterey, California. Like always, only a MotoGP class race was held at Laguna Seca.
Stefan Bradl took pole position, recording his first pole position in MotoGP. At the famous corkscrew turn on lap 4 Marc Márquez, having had a faster run out of the previous corner, ran around the outside of Valentino Rossi coming into the corkscrew and was run wide by Rossi mid-corner. Márquez replicated the overtake that Rossi made on Casey Stoner at the same corner in 2008 to pass the Italian and gave chase to Bradl. The gap closed quickly at first but Márquez followed Bradl until lap 19 when he made a pass into the last corner, with the gap gradually extending in Márquez' favour over the next few laps, the Spaniard eventually winning his 3rd GP of the year to extend his championship lead to 16 points over Dani Pedrosa. The win also marked the beating of another of Freddie Spencer's records as Márquez became the youngest rider to win back to back races in the Premier Class of GP racing and the first/only rookie to win at Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca. This was the last MotoGP race to take place at Laguna Seca, which was then replaced by the Autódromo Termas de Río Hondo in 2014 in Termas de Río Hondo, Argentina. Bradl finished in second place, recorded his first podium in MotoGP and Rossi finished in third place.
|1||93||Marc Márquez||Repsol Honda Team||Honda||32||44:00.695||2||25|
|2||6||Stefan Bradl||LCR Honda MotoGP||Honda||32||+2.298||1||20|
|3||46||Valentino Rossi||Yamaha Factory Racing||Yamaha||32||+4.498||4||16|
|4||19||Álvaro Bautista||Go&Fun Honda Gresini||Honda||32||+4.557||3||13|
|5||26||Dani Pedrosa||Repsol Honda Team||Honda||32||+9.257||7||11|
|6||99||Jorge Lorenzo||Yamaha Factory Racing||Yamaha||32||+12.970||6||10|
|7||35||Cal Crutchlow||Monster Yamaha Tech 3||Yamaha||32||+15.304||5||9|
|8||69||Nicky Hayden||Ducati Team||Ducati||32||+33.963||10||8|
|9||4||Andrea Dovizioso||Ducati Team||Ducati||32||+34.129||8||7|
|10||8||Héctor Barberá||Avintia Blusens||FTR||32||+1:02.369||13||6|
|11||15||Alex de Angelis||Ignite Pramac Racing||Ducati||32||+1:02.604||14||5|
|12||5||Colin Edwards||NGM Mobile Forward Racing||FTR Kawasaki||32||+1:03.593||15||4|
|13||9||Danilo Petrucci||Came IodaRacing Project||Ioda-Suter||32||+1:20.420||16||3|
|14||17||Karel Abraham||Cardion AB Motoracing||ART||31||+1 lap||19||2|
|15||68||Yonny Hernández||Paul Bird Motorsport||ART||31||+1 lap||18||1|
|16||7||Hiroshi Aoyama||Avintia Blusens||FTR||31||+1 lap||21|
|17||67||Bryan Staring||Go&Fun Honda Gresini||FTR Honda||31||+1 lap||22|
|18||52||Lukáš Pešek||Came IodaRacing Project||Ioda-Suter||31||+1 lap||23|
|Ret||38||Bradley Smith||Monster Yamaha Tech 3||Yamaha||7||Mechanical||9|
|Ret||41||Aleix Espargaró||Power Electronics Aspar||ART||5||Accident||11|
|Ret||14||Randy de Puniet||Power Electronics Aspar||ART||4||Engine||12|
|Ret||71||Claudio Corti||NGM Mobile Forward Racing||FTR Kawasaki||3||Mechanical||17|
|Ret||70||Michael Laverty||Paul Bird Motorsport||PBM||1||Accident||20|
|WD||79||Blake Young||Attack Performance Racing||APR||Bike damaged|
Championship standings after the race (MotoGP)
Below are the standings for the top five riders and constructors after round nine has concluded.
- Note: Only the top five positions are included for both sets of standings.
- "2013 United States MotoGP". Motorsportmagazine.com. 13 June 2017. Retrieved 24 May 2018.
- Mitchell, Malcolm. "2013 MotoGP Class (FIM Grand Prix World Championship) Programmes - The Motor Racing Programme Covers Project". Progcovers.com. Retrieved 1 October 2018.
- Mitchell, Malcolm. "Laguna Seca Raceway - The Motor Racing Programme Covers Project". Progcovers.com. Retrieved 24 May 2018.
- "New deal keeps MotoGP at Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca until at least 2014". MotoGP.com. Dorna Sports. 25 June 2008. Retrieved 18 August 2012.
- "2013 United States MotoGP - Motor Sport Magazine Database". Motorsportmagazine.com. 13 June 2017. Retrieved 1 October 2018.
- "RED BULL U.S. GRAND PRIX · MotoGP Race Classification 2013". Motogp.com. Retrieved 1 October 2018.
- "2013 United States MotoGp : Race classification" (PDF). Resources.motogp.com. Retrieved 1 October 2018.
- "Standings" (PDF). resources.motogp.com. 2013. Retrieved 2019-08-26.
2013 German Grand Prix
|FIM Grand Prix World Championship
2013 Indianapolis Grand Prix
2012 United States Grand Prix
|United States motorcycle Grand Prix||Next race:|