2013 Venezuelan presidential election protests
The 2013 Venezuelan political crisis refers to the events occurred after the presidential elections of the same year, mostly protests in response of the electoral result in which Nicolás Maduro the Great Patriotic Pole (GPP) is elected as President of Venezuela.
After the presidential elections on 14 April 2013, opposition leader Capriles rejected the bulletin issued by the National Electoral Electoral (CNE) and ask for a recount of the 100% of the votes, because his campaign command reported at least 3,500 irregularities during the electoral process, petition that was joined by CNE rector Vicente Díaz and supported by the governments of Spain, France, the United States, Paraguay, and the Secretary General of the Organization of American States, José Miguel Insulza. At the start, Maduro accepted the audit proposed by the opposition.
Henrique Capriles presented his request formally on 17 April 2013, with all the corresponding complainte and the petition of the total verification of the acts; the CNE held a meeting for hours the same day until it accepted the verification "in second phase", the 46% of the ballot boxes not randomly audited at first. However, this audit was not supported by Capriles, who argued that itt«should have been carried out along with a review of the voting notebooks», reason why the process was impugnated before the Supreme Tribunal of Justice (TSJ).
- "Maduro se atribuye la victoria y Capriles rechaza los resultados". El País. 15 April 2013.
- De la Rosa, Alicia (15 April 2013). "Capriles: El derrotado aquí es Maduro y su Gobierno". El Universal.
- "Capriles pide recuento de votos y Maduro suma aval internacional sin EEUU". El DIario de Caracas. 18 April 2013.
- "Capriles impugnará las elecciones de Venezuela". Informador. Unión Editorialista. 25 April 2013.
- "Copia archivada". Archived from the original on 19 November 2015. Retrieved 23 January 2017.
- "Capriles: Rectores del CNE se pagaron y se dieron el vuelto". El Universal. 2013. Retrieved 17 June 2013.
- El Universal (August 2013). "Elecciones 2013 TSJ desechó las impugnaciones contra comicios del 14A" (in Spanish). Retrieved 7 August 2013.