2013 in Russia
Jump to navigation Jump to search
This article needs additional citations for verification. (November 2013) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|See also:||Other events of 2013|
History of Russia • Timeline • Years
- January 3 - Vladimir Putin, the President of Russia, grants Russian citizenship to Gérard Depardieu who has renounced his French citizenship due to high taxes.
- January 4 - Six Russian tourists are killed and two tourists are seriously injured after a snowmobile towing a sled veers off a ski slope, crashes into a barrier, and flies into a ditch on Italy's Mount Cermis.
- January 15 - Russia launches three Kosmos series military-purpose satellites using Rokot launch vehicle.
- January 16 - Russian mafia boss Aslan Usoyan is killed in Moscow.
- January 17 - Russian dissident Alexandr Dolmatov commits suicide in Rotterdam.
- January 20 - At least four miners are killed and four others trapped after a fire at a mine in Prokopyevsky District, Kemerovo Oblast.
- January 22 - The Russian government organizes an evacuation from the Syrian Civil War for some of its citizens by transporting them to Lebanon and then flying them to Russia.
- January 24 - Russian police announces that 13 rebels, including Khuseyn Gakayev and his brother, are killed in fighting in the Vedensky District, Chechnya.
- January 24 - The government of Ukraine signs a major $10 billion shale gas deal with Royal Dutch Shell to reduce its dependency on Russian gas imports.
- January 25 - Scuffles occur on the streets of Moscow as supporters and opponents clash over the Russian parliament's attempts to implement anti-gay legislation. If legalised it would result in fines for those who promote events with a gay theme.
- January 31 - Volgograd passes a measure to refer to itself by its previous name, Stalingrad, on Victory Day and five key dates relating to the Battle of Stalingrad.
- February 11 - An underground methane gas explosion killed up to 18 miners at a coal pit in northern Russia.
- February 15 - A meteor broke up in the vicinity of the city of Chelyabinsk. According to Chelyabinsk's health department, around 1,200 people were injured, two of whom seriously, from the shattering of windows caused by the shockwaves and the debris.
- March 28 - A bus crash in northwest Russia killed six people and injured at least 23 others, including orphans returning from a field trip.
- April 22 - A man went on a shooting rampage outside a firearm shop in Belgorod, killing six people.
- April 26 - A fire in a psychiatric hospital in the settlement of Ramensky killed 38 people.
- May 1 - Three policemen were killed and two wounded after unknown assailants opened gun fire on their car in Buynaksk.
- May 8 - A fuel train derailed in Rostov Oblast causing a massive fire with one person missing, 44 injured and 3,000 evacuated.
- May 20 - At least four people were killed and 46 injured after two bombs exploded in the capital of Dagestan Republic, Makhachkala.
- June 19 - At least 43 people sought medical help and more than 6,500 residents were evacuated in southwestern Samara Oblast, after ammunition explosions shook a military training area.
- July 7 - Up to 80 people have been injured, after a passenger train derailed in the southern region of Krasnodar.
- July 13 – 18 people were killed and 45 injured after a gravel truck smashed into a bus near Podolsk.
- August 20 - police killed nine suspected militants, including a prominent warlord, in a clash in the restive North Caucasus republic of Dagestan.
- September 10 - An embargo was imposed on imports of Moldovan wine.
- October 13 - Over 380 people were detained after an anti-migrant nationalist riot in southern Moscow.
- October 21 - A suspected female suicide bomber has set off explosives on a bus in the southern city of Volgograd, killing six people and injuring 37.
- November 17 - A passenger plane crashes at an airport in the city of Kazan, killing all 50 people on board.
This section is empty. You can help by adding to it. (November 2013)
- March 23 - Boris Berezovsky, 67, Russian business oligarch. (born 1946)
- October 3 - Sergei Belov, 69, Russian professional basketball player. (born 1944)
- "Russia Coal Mine Blast: 18 People Dead In Vorkutinskaya Explosion". The Huffington Post. February 11, 2013.
- "Meteorite explosion over Chelyabinsk injures hundreds". The Guardian. February 15, 2013.
- "Meteorite hits central Russia, more than 500 people hurt". Reuters. February 15, 2013.
- "Meteorite hits Russian Urals: Fireball explosion wreaks havoc, over 900 injured". Russia Today. February 15, 2013.
- "Meteor strike injures hundreds in central Russia". BBC News. February 15, 2013.
- "6 killed, 18 injured in bus crash in northwest Russia; many of the injured were orphans". The Washington Post. March 28, 2013.
- "6 killed, 24 injured as bus carrying children crashes in central Russia". Russia Today. March 28, 2013.
- "Belgorod: Six dead in western Russia shooting". BBC News. April 22, 2013.
- "38 people dead in fire at psychiatric hospital in Russia". CNN. April 26, 2013.
- "Fire in Russian Psychiatric Hospital That Killed 38 Stirs Anger Over State's Neglect". The New York Times. April 26, 2013.
- "Three Policemen Killed, Two Wounded in Russia's Dagestan". RIA Novosti. May 1, 2013.
- "Huge blaze as Russian fuel tanks derail, thousands flee". Russia Today. May 8, 2013.
- "Car bomb explosion kills 4, injures 46 in Dagestan, southern Russia". Russia Today. May 20, 2013.
- "4 dead, 44 hurt in Dagestan bombing, security officials say". CNN. May 20, 2013.
- "Thousands Evacuated in Central Russia Ammo Depot Explosions". RIA Novosti. June 19, 2013.
- "Explosions rock Russian village after fire at military depot". The Guardian. June 19, 2013.
- "At least 80 injured as passenger train derails in southern Russia". Russia Today. July 7, 2013.
- "Passenger train derailment in southern Russia injures 80". PressTV. July 7, 2013.
- "18 killed, 45 injured in Podolsk road accident". The Voice of Russia. July 14, 2013. Archived from the original on July 23, 2013. Retrieved November 3, 2013.
- "18 killed after truck smashes into bus in Moscow region". Rappler. July 13, 2013.
- "Russian police kill nine suspected militants in North Caucasus". Reuters. August 20, 2013.
- "9 suspected militants killed in clash with police in Russia's Dagestan". The Washington Post. August 20, 2013.
- "Russia freezes Moldovan wine import; Chișinău, EU suspect politics". Itar-Tass. September 11, 2013.
- "37 dead in psychiatric hospital fire in Novgorod, Russia – investigators". Russia Today. September 13, 2013.
- "Over 380 detained after anti-migrant riot in southern Moscow". Russia Today. October 13, 2013.
- "Volgograd mourns victims of bus bombing, police look for organizers". Russia Today. October 21, 2013.
- "Russia bus bomb: Volgograd blast kills six". BBC News. October 21, 2013.
- "Dozens dead in Russian plane crash". BBC News. November 18, 2013.
- "50 dead as passenger jet crashes in central Russia". Russia Today. November 18, 2013.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to 2013 in Russia.|